View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 05:55 PM
mary ksand
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~-Sarah-~ (View Post)
That's the case for me too, it was one of the first shows I watched as a pre-teen (I think ) and I remember being fascinated and impressed over the fact that these were two strong, tough women who didn't need men to survive and that really left an impression on me. And the storylines were emotional and intense and made you feel.

This but especially the bolded part I was also pre-teen (10-11) when I watched that show. It was not the first show that I watched but the first one that made me feel so much, feel for characters and think about them, analize their actions and choices, having heartbreaks for them and being happy for them. It was definitelly the most impressive show in my life and this strong impression and emotional response was like nothing else before. I still have all those feelings for it even though it is different now. I loved the evolation of both Xena and Gabrielle: Xena's story of redemption and Gabrielle's journey from lively bard to becoming a warrior and Xena's equal in every way. I enjoyed other relationships they had too, romantic and non-romantic. I think Xena was the first show where I actually shipped something I shipped Xena/Ares, Xena/Harcules, Xena/Gabrielle, etc. I just loved all the relationships there and I think writers actually put a lot of substance in them, all of them where meaningfull and important.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr