View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 03:22 AM
ForVanAngel
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Hello all. Long time no see. I've got lots to catch up on.
Welcome back. It seems like in this thread there are only like a handful of people, there used to be some more. Maybe when Summer's over and fall starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
I'm glad you're enjoying Parenthood, Louisa! It's definitely on my list to try. Right now, I'm rewatching Buffy for no real reason other than it's been a while.
Yes, Grant, you should do that, if you like family-drama, you can't go wrong, it has not only a fantastic cast, it's from Master Jason Katims, who brought us Roswell and FNL. That man is great, he's the better Greg Berlanti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
II also caught up on some new music, namely the new albums from Fleet Foxes and Explosions in the Sky. I liked the new album from Fleet Foxes; enough songs that were a departure from their debut album to make their sound fresh, but enough the same that worked in the original album that I loved the first time and wanted to hear again. Explosions in the Sky, same thing. They just can't go wrong for me. Next up, looking forward to Slow Club's new album in September!
Music? Depends. Fleet Foxes? Now you're talking! I their self-titled debut album, I bought the album + the Sun Giant EP in one package, def worth it. Also got their 2nd album, but haven't listen to it too often, not so sure. It's not bad, but somehow I'm missing something. EOTS have some nice tracks, don't know if I would like to listen to them for a whole album. Didn't they do the FNL theme (do = song was of course used)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa C (View Post)
See Matt, I think Adam was a lot like Max when he was younger & might have mild Asperger's, as referenced with all the conversations with/about his dad who was always trying to "make him into a man" and the way I read the scene outside the recital when both men were watching Max is that Adam had some weird phobias & habits growing up, but it's possible I'm wrong.
I understood what you wrote, but it simply surprised me. I can't really say if you are wrong, just tell you that there is one season 2 episode that maybe could tell us more. Of course Zeek is a father who wants his boys to become man, to be strong and so on - Adam is that way, Crosby not so much. Mild Asperger's something I could understand, so far until end S2 that topic never appeared. Maybe you're right, honestly I think you should send that proposition to Jason Katims.

Quote:
I also think it's realistic that Zeek wouldn't be a feelings kind of guy, especially not with his boys, as even 40 years ago, I think fathers were supposed to be the less emotional/stricter parent. He evidently loves his kids though & the show wouldn't be realistic if everyone was perfect.
Well said, Louisa. I like how there are characters on shows that aren't perfect, like our Doctor Brown, Eric Taylor or John Kennish from Switched On Birth, those are all fathers who could need some time out to relax and calm down, but they are who they are, we still love or at least like them with all their flaws. And I like Zeek a lot, of course he's difficult, but it's good for the drama and the conflicts, a drama show needs some characters like that. He's let's say 70 or so, he comes from a totally different time.

Quote:
Joel is cute, never seen him in anything before, but I like how he's a great dad. Julia's trying to make time for her daughter & she obviously loves her, but I'm sad to hear she's a pushy parent! I can see them only having Sydney & all of Julia's hopes, dreams & ambitions being pinned on her. The poor thing is only 5/6 and is already taking Mandarin!
Sam Jaeger was Matt Dowd on Eli Stone, and it wasn't easy to like him, cos he was like arrogant and not the feeling kind of guy, more the selfish person, not only bad things, but he was different than Joel. Something like he did the lawyer job more for the money then with the heart. Joel is awesome, I like him a lot and he definitely is a charater that deserves more screentime, I'm not sure if that changed, but at least he got more scenes in season 2, sometimes it seems that the J&J family is all about Julia. Julia def is a pushy parent, she wants Syndey to be the best and show that to the whole world. But the show is called parenthood, why not show such a mother and a stay@home dad?! Sydney is an only child, of course she gets all the attention. And she is smart (but usually tv children are older than their age).

Quote:
I'm babysitting again on Friday so may continue my viewing then!

I cannot wait for Season 2 to be released!
Yay for Babysitting! And what better show could you watch when you babysit then a show about parenting?