View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 03:10 PM
ForVanAngel
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa C (View Post)
I'm 1 and a half episodes into Season 1 of Parenthood and it's freaking awesome!
Well done, Louisa. If you already like season 1, I bet you'll love season 2.

Quote:
It took me a while to work out who the siblings were (Adam, Sarah, Julia & Crosby, right?) and remember what their partners & kids were called, but once I got that straight, it was fine, it was just a lot of info to process at once!
Exactly! What names do you need?
Zeek is the father, Camille is the mother, I'm not 100 % sure, but it has to be her name.
Julia + Joel (Sam Jaeger from Eli Stone) & Sydney,
Adam + Kristina & Max + Haddie,
Crosby and Sarah & Amber + Drew.

Quote:
Don't like Zeek the dad very much at all, even though he did call Sarah his shining star (his favourite perhaps?). I think Adam perhaps has a milder form of Asperger's Syndrome than Max & did similar stuff to him growing up, like jumping in puddles repeatedly, as evidenced between the moment Adam shares with Zeek at Sydney's recital. I don't think Zeek is a bad dad as such, though he's not great, but there wasn't as much known about Asperger's 30-40 years ago as there is now, and parenting was different then too.
W-wait for a second. Zeek is Zeek, he's a father of 4 kids, he's not the easiest person, he has his qualities and some things he does are not that great, I think he can't really cope with feelings. Huh? Why does Adam have Asperger's? Max has that, but Adam not. Yeah, you're right, well put, Zeek is not a bad dad, but definitely is not a great dad as well. Hm, I'm surprised about what you say about Adam. If you continue watching the show you wll see, that Adam is not the easiest person, but that comes from him being the shoulder to cry on or the person to talk, he's the center of the family, everybody comes to him if they have a problem. Of course he is the role model, he has wife and kids and an Asperger's son and he seems to handle all that, when Sarah has no husband and raises 2 kids alone and Crosby doesn't have wife and kids (okay, he has a kid, but didn't have before).

Quote:
I loved seeing Mike O'Malley interact with Lauren Graham, as they had a lot of chemistry and their scene at the restaurant made me sad as Sarah could have had a much more stable life with Jim rather than emotional & financial turmoil with Seth, her ex-husband.
I think Mike O'Malley's busy being on Glee now though, and probably was when Parenthood was being filmed, so I don't think he'll be back, but I hope he is, as he doesn't turn up on Glee that often.
I know what you are talking about, he was on the show, but I can't remember when that was, sorry, I can't remember every guest actor on every show. Now I told you how possible it is for him to return, sorry if I ruined anything for you.

Quote:
Julia's annoyingly focused on her career, but I do feel for her what with Sydney preferring to be with her dad.
Yes, that's also one of my few problems with the show, Julia. And the Julia storylines. Annoyingly. And she also wants Sydney to be the best. I can tell you that J&J had too many not so good or even boring storylines, that was too often my least favourite part of the episodes.

Quote:
Overall, it's a really good cast (no annoying child actors, hurrah!), awesome guest stars (Hi Dr Abbott, um Pelikan!), fabulous writing (funny and poignant from one line to the next) & perfectly imperfect characters. When I grow up I want to be Lauren Graham, it's official!
Yeah, you're right, great cast, I really like the kid actors too, the Sydney actress is cute and intelligent for her age, and the Max actor is simply amazing, wonderful job, and this gives the show and interesting spin, I like if a show has new stuff to offer, like Asperger's, it's so interesting to see Adam/Kristina deal with Max, cos they have to work so hard. Yeah, Tom Amandes. So freaking awesome when he showed up, and he was sooooooo nice. Lauren Graham is a Goddess, that's for sure, I don't know about movies, but an actress who was godlike on the Gilmore Girls and is rocking a bit different and def. more tragic role on Parenthood the same way, who manages to be both dramatic and funny deserves to be praised.

Glad you like it, sorry for my not better responding, I forgot a lot, it's been a year since I finished season 1.