View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 07:33 AM
ForVanAngel
Obsessed Fan

The Middle: Season 2, Episode 3

Frankie: “People say I look 10 years younger than you.” That’s true, Patricia Heaton looks awesome for being like…so old. Mike doesn’t want to go to the doctor and Brick found out that it’s not illegal for kids under 10 to eat candy, guess Frankie lied. I don’t like the Sue plots, today she was convinced, that Axl’s Friend Sean had a crush on her too. Frankie hurt her back but didn’t dare to tell Mike, cos he was perfectly fine after he was checked by the doctor, before that she was sure he wasn’t that perfect. Funniest thing was when Sue’s ex-boyfriend Brad showed up, he’s such a collection of gay clisches, it’s simply funny. The rest was not so good, only Frankie crying because she was getting old was something I liked, she and Mike hat a nice time. Season 2 has to do better, so far season 1 was funnier and better.

Shameless: Season 1, Episode 8

Another good episode, a research team offered Frank 3000 $ for drinking no alcohol for 2 whole weeks. Frank wanted do really do that, it was funny of course, great scenes with the family, but they couldn't really enjoy it cos they knew that he wouldn't stay clean. That was the bitter end. Also liked the storyline about Kevin/Veronica adopting a 13-year-old girl, but it was sad that she was living like in the middle age, what the hell was done to her? Poor, poor girl, and she already has a son. I really got freaking angry at Veronica when she wanted to kick out Ethel, because they only wanted to keep her for one week and only for the money. What is Steve up to? He seems to have a girlfriend at home, but of course Fiona doesn't know, but she is suspicosu cos Debby red a text message about a Candece. Ian still with Mickie but not with Kash, don't like this storyline, Lip with Karen and maybe he gets into College, that'd be great, I'm sure he'll find a way to get some money to pay for it. I felt soooo sorry for Fiona, she was having serious money troubles, couldn't even finish a power point class to get an office job, that was so sad, it's not hard to learn it, if you have some idea about computers, but Fiona doesn't seem to have no clue in that area, of course, she has to work all day for the family and clean after them, and then she had to work in a like stripclub to get some money and that was humiliating. Poor girl, she's so tough, if she is crying there is some serious problem. It was good, the show is doing really good, I like how crazy it is, it has a bunch of interesting storylines, and I really like all the characters, I laugh a lot during the episodes, and it's a drama series, but a lot what Frank says is so funny.

Breaking Bad: Season 3, Episode 1

Back in bizness, baby. Yes, it was the right thing to rewatch the season 2 finale yesterday, cos the first episode took place just 2 weeks after the last episode. Some interesting things happened, Skyler wants the divorce, great and shocking moment when she told Walter in the face "You're a drug dealer". Woah. But she won't tell Hank or the cops if he agrees to the divorce. Great scene when Walter wanted to burn his money but changed his mind and threw the money in the pool. Jesse is back, "I'm the bad guy", 167 people died at the air-crash, Walter rejected a 3 mio. $ deal from the boss for 3 month work, cos he has enough money, I didn't expect Walt to say no, but he has the money and the problems with his family, so that makes sense. And the mysterious storyline about those mexican immigrants and the two assassins who are going after Walt was also interesting, but cruel when they shot a truck full of illegal immigrants, Walter is in big danger. Can't wait to see more, this first episode was as good as I hoped it would be.

You Americans or Canadians or people from European not German Speaking Countries can be really happy for not having to watch those horrible dubbed versions. Some weeks or months ago I showed Betty some dubbed clips, so I'll show you the same, Louisa. Mad Men Promo, Dexter and True Blood. Imagine a world where John Hamm isn't really John Hamm and the problem with Dexter definitely is, that I really like him, when he speaks you feel and see that he's a nice guy, but the deeper more dangerous voice changes that.

Funny when you are talking about Harry Potter 7 Part 1, I watched both 7.1 and 7.2 in cinema some weeks ago (since I hadn't them 7.1) and though I liked both (7.1 was good, 7.2 was missing a lot, it was okay, but not a great finish), the German dubbed also felt not so good to me. It was more the 3 main characters, it felt so unemotional. Of course, if you watch hours of English tv and movies daily and are "forced" to watch something in German again (which you hate to do), it feels strange.

Oh, Up is lovely! I'm not sure how good it actually is, since the movie took a different direction when they met this dog guy, it was too much action, but I liked it, some great parts. Anyway, we got an Austrian dub, so there was a German version and a Austrian version, and this one was REALLY good, especially the old man had such an awesome voice.

Funny examples with those two shows, I am sure that in Germany those mistakes wouldn't be happen, cos the synchronisation scene is a lot bigger. But those two examples ar funny, I honestly have to tell you that I wouldn't have noticed the wash up vs. make the dishes, cos I don't really can differ between British and American English, of course I know the accents, but certain words I don't really know, only a couple of them.

The worst dubs are the ones for comedy shows, you can't traslate a lot of jokes, it's simply impossible. Like the voices for The Big Bang Theory are horrible, I can't get over the fact that it changes the characters, same for The Prince Of Bel-Air, watched it in English for the first time like 2 years ago and it was a lot better, cos Will was way cooler and Carlton had also a more serious tone to him.

Hm, I actualy put One Day on my list of movies that I would watch someday. Or One Day. ^^ It is that movie where the two meet on the same day every year? I could really imagine it to be a interesting book, but for movie that's always a thing, the idea is good, but I'm not really convinced if it's movie material. When I googled Anne Hathaway + One Day I found a lot of articles complaining about her accent. I wonder why they took an American actress, but on wiki it says like Anne Hathaway flew over to the director and did something to him (nah, it didn't say that, but I could imagine it was that way ) I wouldn't really care, cos for me a British accent is a British accent, I'm happy if I understand everything.
Quote:
Actress Anne Hathaway said she was clandestinely given the script as the film was set in England and director Scherfig wasn't looking for any American actresses for the part. Hathaway flew to London for a meeting with Scherfig to explain why she should get the part. Hathaway later said it was "the worst meeting of my life... I was just inarticulate", but on leaving Hathaway wrote out a list of songs for Scherfig to listen, saying, "I clearly didn't communicate to you what I needed to today. But I think these songs can do it for me." Scherfig did listen to them, which led to Hathaway getting the part.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 08-24-2011 at 12:09 PM