View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Moviecritic315
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Patrica, that was an interesting perspective on your favorite storyline (babygate). I have never looked at it that way.

You know....so would I! I'd rather a gay Andy, than an Amanda/Andy pairing...seriously!

Moviecritic, I agree with most of your views....I also loved season 4 and 1 the best...and season 3 the least (except for episode 9) ...

Regarding this response....I need more of an explanation.
Well, after hearing some of the storylines that were being outlined for Season 5.. :shudders: I don't think there was any need to prolong the story after it arrived at such a beautiful and satisfying conclusion. To be honest, I think a show's life span doesn't necessarily need to exceed four or five seasons to tell the story because then things tend to get silly, incoherent, insincere.

I love that this story was told over a span of four years. It reminds me of the seasonal cycle... at first you have autumn, the beginnings of change and fear of the unknown, told primarily from Ephram and Andy's perspective; then we have winter, where a death has torn the Abbott's apart and they must each heal individually in order to come back as one and rebuild in the spring, where there is a sense of renewal and enlightenment. While each character may not be entirely healed from the scars of their past or current misfortunes, they never lose the will to keep living. I'm not sure how summer fits in, but it's a season of freedom, lightness, and adventure. At the end of Season 4, the characters haven't hung their towels up; they are simply about to embark on new adventures : )

That was fun! lol : p what do you all think?
Moviecritic315 is offline   Reply With Quote