View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 03:20 PM
ForVanAngel
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa C (View Post)
For me, paying 15 € for a new release is fine for me, as they're 20 € for the first few weeks they come out, and in stores, I've seen some for nearly 30 €, which sucks!
Depends on what it is, usually there are no movies I need right away, 'cept for certain TV shows, like Dexter S5 I will have to buy when it is released, cost some more.

Don't know with play.com, it was only 2 CDs and that was like 2 weeks.

Quote:
12 Angry Men sounds like a really good movie, and there were a few more on your lists I really want to see now, Matt, namely Dancer In The Dark, which I've had for several years but never got around to watching, due to it seeming incredibly depressing!

I have a bit of an obsession with movie soundtracks so I might have to get that one too!
Yes, that are too really intersting movies. 12 Angry Men is not the easiest, cos it all takes place in one room over the whole length, but I liked it, it was not as great as a lot of people say it is, but for a black/white movie from like 50 years ago it impressed me what you can do with almost no story and no more than a room. DITD is great, but it's different. Björk does a wonderful job acting, I actually bought the Soundtrack before, but I could enjoy it more after the movie, cos I now remember some of the scenes and that makes it fun. Recommend both to you, Louisa, not to everybody I know that a lot of peole wouldn't like them.

Quote:
The translation for the title of No Strings Attached was really bad in French too, but yeah, Very Bad Trip (actually in English, which makes less than no sense!) takes the prize for the worst translated movie title ever!
Yes, you're right, it's so bad, it's still funny to read it, what the hell were those translaters thinking? Were they on a very bad trip themselves? Lendemain de veille? Now I have a slight idea what you are talking about, we had the pleasure that it was simply called Hangover. Okay, it's actually called Very Bad Trip in Francec? That's surprising! But I found this:
Quote:
Le titre français est inspiré de celui du film Very Bad Things dont le scénario est très proche.

Quote:
I haven't started Parenthood yet, so I've managed to exercise self control!
I'm going to bring it plus some other movies I haven't seen yet to my babysitting job tomorrow!
Ah, don't wait forever, it's a really good family series. There is a movie too and an original series from like 1990, but that had only a couple of episodes. Really would like to watch at least the movie, I don't think I'll get my hands on the original series.