View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 01:42 PM
ForVanAngel
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa C (View Post)
Matt, have you heard of Play.com? It's where I get a lot of my DVDs/TV shows as the prices are very reasonable, there's no postage fee and you can pay in Euros!
Yes, of course, I ordered there once, but the problem is that they are cheap but it takes like 2 or more weeks to get your stuff, usually I wait one week for amazon.uk. It depends, if you don't bother waiting some more days it's fine, but I prefer England.

Quote:
I usually get a couple of things there every month, sometimes more if I've done a lot more hours for my Wednesday job! There are often sales on, where no DVD is more than 7 Euros & sometimes you can get 3 for 15 Euros... Boxsets are around 20 € which is pretty bargainous!
Yeah, I also don't like spending like 15 € (how cool is it to talk in € on the ? ) for a new movie, why not wait and get it cheaper, it's an addiction, don't waste no money. 20 € is really fine, it depends if it's newer or older and if we have 13 or 22 episodes.

Quote:
My list of stuff to buy from there seems to get longer every day, and I'm going to have to add some of the movies you've reviewed that sound right up my street to it.
I forgot to count, I'll never make it. It's like a life long journey. You can ask me any time if you want to know something more about them.

Quote:
I too buy DVDs I've really enjoyed & then try and watch the ones I've never seen before, but I'm usually drawn back to my old favourites so I have a huge backlog, probably about a third of my collection is still unwatched!
Yeah, I've got like 30 movies unwatched (though I've seen I think half of them on TV before). But I still buy new movies if I see some on sale, I think what the heck, I want more, doesn't hurt.

Quote:
I often find it hard to find DVDs I'm looking for in French stores, as I'll only know the English title & I'll have to explain the plot & name the actors as well as give the English title, so it can get frustrating for everyone involved!
Hm, okay, never have the problem, but I usually buy online instead of going store hunting, but they usually don't have much of the movies I like, only the mainstream of the mainstream blockbuster stuff.

Quote:
Examples of stupid translations for movie titles in France are, in mo particular order: Very Bad Trip for The Hangover, Best Friends for Bridesmaids, College Attitude for Never Been Kissed, Never Forget for The Notebook, Too Far From You for Going The Distance and many many others that were so bad I've obliterated them from my memory.
Very Bad Trip? WOW! Good one! Best Friends is okay. College Attitude? Yeah, we also had a change, The Notebook is something like, let me think......... "Like on one (single) day" or better "only one day", yeah. Hm, I think you hit me hard with Very Bad Trip, that's Hilariously bad.

Quote:
Oh, and my reason for liking Glee was just my explanation of why I like it (the father-son stuff), it wasn't an attempt to convert you into a Glee fanatic, honest!
You can't do that, I made my peace, I like when people recommen me shows, I ask them, but I wouldn't watch them if I wouldn't have some serious interest.

The Lizzie McGuire Movie

Just rewatched the 65th and last episode of the show and watched the movie to finish the show. The only bad thing was that Miranda wasn't on the movie, but honestly she was missing for 6 episodes on the show already and those episodes did well without her. And I like Gordo more than her (since I'm a boy), he's a cool and smart guy, so I was glad that he was on the movie, Ethan, Kate, Matt, the parents too and not to forget Cartoon Lizzie, of course it had some really funny lines.

Since it had been some years since I watched the movie (more than 4 years), I wasn't sure if I would like it at all, but no time to worry, I had sooo much fun. The plot was not the best, it was about Lizzie taking a vacation to Roma with her class and was mistaken for an Italien popstar that looked just like her, just with black hair and an accent. But it was fine, better than expect, we got to see a lot of Rome, pretty city, and to my surprise, the other actors had enough scenes to make me happy and not to think this was a Hilary Duff solo show, not it wasn't. Hilary Duff was doing what she did with Lizzie McGuire for the whole show, I think she did a great job, she was cute and just so much fun to watch. Nice story, nice ending, everybody happy, there are not many Disney Channel movies I've seen or like to watch, but this one is still great, because it felt down to earth compared to other movies from this "genre".

8,5/10