View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Louisa C
Dedicated Fan

Matt, have you heard of Play.com? It's where I get a lot of my DVDs/TV shows as the prices are very reasonable, there's no postage fee and you can pay in Euros!

I usually get a couple of things there every month, sometimes more if I've done a lot more hours for my Wednesday job! There are often sales on, where no DVD is more than 7 Euros & sometimes you can get 3 for 15 Euros... Boxsets are around 20 € which is pretty bargainous!

My list of stuff to buy from there seems to get longer every day, and I'm going to have to add some of the movies you've reviewed that sound right up my street to it.

I too buy DVDs I've really enjoyed & then try and watch the ones I've never seen before, but I'm usually drawn back to my old favourites so I have a huge backlog, probably about a third of my collection is still unwatched!

I often find it hard to find DVDs I'm looking for in French stores, as I'll only know the English title & I'll have to explain the plot & name the actors as well as give the English title, so it can get frustrating for everyone involved!

Examples of stupid translations for movie titles in France are, in mo particular order: Very Bad Trip for The Hangover, Best Friends for Bridesmaids, College Attitude for Never Been Kissed, Never Forget for The Notebook, Too Far From You for Going The Distance and many many others that were so bad I've obliterated them from my memory.

Oh, and my reason for liking Glee was just my explanation of why I like it (the father-son stuff), it wasn't an attempt to convert you into a Glee fanatic, honest!