View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Louisa C
Dedicated Fan

I love Reese Witherspoon in the first Legally Blonde, she's really clever beneath her pretty Barbie exterior. I love Walk The Line and thought she was wonderful in that too. I especially liked how tolerant her parents were of her divorce, as at the time, it was a pretty big social taboo to get divorced and most women would be given the cold shoulder by their families if they did so.

Oh, Matt, I totally agree with you regarding the rubbish translations of movie titles as they are spectacularly bad in France! It makes it really hard to find DVDs for my collection or to work out which film is which on the cinema website that tells me what's on or going to be on.

Boxsets of shows are really expensive where I am, unless they're on sale! Sometimes they're almost 60 €, which to me is 7-8 cinema tickets, so I'd rather have those instead!

It's a shame you didn't like Raising Helen, but never mind! At least you tried it & didn't judge it by its cover!

I like Jake Gyllenhaal for mostly shallow reasons (so handsome!) and really should watch Donnie Darko in full, as I saw 5 minutes of it (walked into the shared lounge at Uni & someone was in the middle of it and I didn't get it).