View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 02:03 PM
ForVanAngel
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa C (View Post)
I've got about 300 DVDs, not including TV shows (I have about 12 of those, 3 or 4 of which are still airing/have Seasons I have yet to buy).
That's really a lot, my list of movies I want to see is too long.

Quote:
I have a lot of classic/old movies that I really should watch so I can say I've seen them/be able to comment on the iconic scenes.
I envy you. I like my collection, I'm proud of it, though there are movies in there that make you frown, but I almost don't have any old movies, for me old is the 80s and everything before is like ancient, cos I usually watch movies from the 00s and 90s, but almost nothing before, cos it's a risk to watch them, those movies are different, they are slower than today's movies, there are not really actors I know, I really like to watch more.

Quote:
Unlike you, Matt, I'm a big fan of chick flicks/room coms and have a large collection of them.
Argh, you seem to read everything I say, I knew that would backfire. I'm a boy, so I have the right to not like those movies (some are nice, but too many bore me or are just the same as every RomCom or chick flick).

Quote:
Do you have any favourite actors/actresses whose movies you always see/buy, Matt?
I'm a big fan of Drew Barrymore's and tend to buy any movie she's in and I do love Johnny Depp, though I don't go and see all of his movies, but I think he's very talented and always transforms himself for every part he takes, sometimes to the point of being unrecognisable!
Emily VanCamp. Natalie Portman is always a reason to buy, Bruce Willis, Leonardo DiCaprio, Coen Brothers, Johnny Depp is a reason to buy movies. There are a couple of actors, it's not that easy, it depends on what the story is about, usually I don't buy movies of a certain actress (for Emily I buy everything), but it of course helps if a certain actor I like is in it. But that's for the BUYING part, of course there are a lot of actors/actresses I like to watch, or better said are reasons when I read their names that I automatically read through the plot and check if it's a movie that I'm interested in. Of course not every movie is something I like, but those are the ones I think have done some really good movies I liked. Hope that's not too complicated.

Of course those mentioned above, and Christian Bale, Kevin Spacey, Brad Pitt, Edward Norton, Samuel L. Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Russell Crowe, Julianne Moore, Julie Gonzalo, Ashley Judd, Dakota Fanning, Tom Cruise (no matter what crazy stuff he does behind the screen), Ellen Page (have to see MORE), Hilary Duff, Susan Sarandon, Michelle Williams. I've got like an infinite list of movies I have to check out, it's 100x times longer than the waiting list for television. I hope I get like a thousand years old to watch all I want to watch.

If you like to check out my list, you can do so here. You will see that I own a lot of different movies, I think they are not so much about specific actors, if you can spot any pattern please let me know. Beware, it's not the average list of random movies, of course there are some ones I bought cheap, but most of them are at least okay, not many that I don't like.

IMDb: Movies I own on dvd - a list by BlackholeTraveller