View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 12:41 PM
ForVanAngel
Obsessed Fan

The Lying Game: Season 1, Episode 1

Didn't like it, too much, way too much. Not bad, has maybe some potential, some nice moments, but too much superficiality, cos Sutton (the rich twin) was adopted by a freaking rich family. Emma on the other comes from a poor neighbour'hood, got molested by her jerk stepbrother, her fostermom only has her for the money I guess, she gets kicked out, calls her sister with who she was in contact for some months (hope we ever get to know how they discovered each other) via web cam, that was cool. After some minutes they switched lives, cos Sutton wanted to take the opportunity to search for her real parents - in L.A. She's from Phoenix, don't ask me, absolutely no idea where is where and how far away it is, maybe a kind person could give me some idea. They switch, that was nice to see how Emma had to pretend she's Sutton (how common is that name? Same question for Bay?), rehearsed some of these superficial-rich-poser talk and gestures, but was behaving really nice, compared to how not really arrogant but something close to that Sutton was behaving a noticeble difference. But there was too much high society stuff going on, rich girlfriends with expensive cloths, a party on that style, too much music, modern pop music. Then the thing with the boyfriend and the other guy she was having contact with via skype. This show has a short opening sequence, with some bikini women floating around on a pool - what the hell? There are some things that feel too forced, both girls are tennis pros, can every woman walk with high heels or walk the walk if you are from the hood? How could Emma afford a driver's licene when she was living with her evil stepmom and her jerk stepbrother? You can argue that those things don't matter, but I think a good show doesn't raise so many questions. To cut it short, the world of Sutton is the world of the rich and beautiful, it's horrible to watch. I don't know, it was the pilot, so I expect the show to show us more, so far this show is targeted to a young, mostly female audience, and that's not me. There were no interesting or likable characters besides Emma/Sutton, I hope we get to see more of Sutton's search for her parents, okay, this guy she met somewhere is nice, and the parents are not bad and her 10 month younger stepsister could also be a decent character, but so far there is a lot missing.

If you think this so-called review sucks or is superficial itself, I give a damn. If you think the writing is horrible, I tell you I can't write any better in English. If you have further questions please ask, I'll watch 2 more episodes anyway, I won't kill it after a at best average episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Very hard to believe...and hopefully never to happen again!
True! Instead some other lovely things are happening in the rest of the world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
It is the abbreviation for "Edited To Add". I put that there when I add something extra...after posting.
Thanks. I read it like twice from you, I looked it up on google, but couldn't really find something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa C (View Post)
I must stop though as I'm running out of space on my shelves and I like to group similar movies together. I try to get rid of movies I haven't really enjoyed, don't think I'll watch again but it's one off the shelf and 5 more to squeeze on, so it doesn't really work! Oh well, there are worse things to be addicted to than books & DVDs!
Haha, you're not the only dvd addict, me too, I got like 30 movies and 8 seasons I have to watch and when I have finished them I can buy the next seasons, a lot on my list and I also like buying offers. I have no space in my dvd shelf atm, I'll have to assemble the dvd shelf I bought some weeks ago next days to store all the dvds. I got almost 300 dvds (120 tv shows). You're right, I tv shows and movies too (though it seems that I don't really like movies, cos I watch like one movie for 10 tv episodes or even 20:1), you never can have enough. It really sucks, if you buy a dvd for like 5 € or so you take some interesting movies, but I got a bunch of movies that weren't that good, I can get rid of them, but don't really get a lot of money back. I tell you one shocking thing: I got like let's say 110 dvd movies I watched, and I've watched almost all just once from dvd, I've never ever find the time to rewatch them, cos I have to watch the new bought dvds first. Now I wanted to watch a movie, but I found some other movie in the living room (my sister's) and now I'll watch that. Truman Show is a fantastic movie, it has a great message, it's in my dvd collection as well.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 08-21-2011 at 12:53 PM