View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 10:18 AM
ForVanAngel
Obsessed Fan

Scoundrels: Season 1, Episode 7

Another average episode, the usual stuff, some nice moments, but nothing more. Cheryl’s business got in troubles, it was a fight to get the money back, Cal stole money, Logan’s affair with Patty and the problems with his now ex-girlfriend Valerie were boring, and Heather’s paparazzi pic in the press was also not so exciting, Hope helped her to make it right, I didn’t get what exactly she did, she helped writing a text, but what good was that for? Never mind, I’m glad tomorrow this show is over, it’s not really worth watching, not completely waste of time thanks to the nice cast and the interesting, likable characters, but that was it, no real storylines, and almost nothing to laugh about, real drama is missing too. One more episode to go, and then I'm Breaking Bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I can understand why this movie is experiencing success. Many people read the book...very popular...so I'm sure they all want to see the film.
I'll let you know what I think of it, Matt.
As I said I don't read books and I enjoy a lot of films based on books, so I'm looking forward to the movie, I hope it's as good as the trailer looks.

Quote:
I just want you to keep in mind that this story does not represent all Americans. These were very close-minded, ignorant people. Thank God it is (for the most part) no longer like this...and these ridiculous rules no longer exist.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. Still it's good that a light movie (at least that's the impression I got after watching the trailer, it's not a heavy drama) talks about an important topic like that.

Quote:
I know...it is unbelievable! Yes...the 1960s was the heart of the Civil Rights movement....this was really going on (mostly in the deep south). Many brave people worked very hard to change things during this time and some lost their lives.
Yeah, it's almost surreal, if you consider that WW2 was like more than 10 years ago and still those troubles. Germany had the Berlin Wall until 1990, can you believe that? Talk about South Africa, I wasn't sure, so I read it on wiki, it was in 1994(!) when the apartheit was officially ended by law. Now do the math and think about when this was. Some things you can't believe...

Quote:
ETA: Here is the trailer.....
ETA? What does that mean? Just curious.

Now just for you (and of course me) The Lying Game coming up next.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 08-21-2011 at 10:27 AM