View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 02:24 AM
ForVanAngel
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Aren't we all?
How philosophical is that. Lizzie McGuire was a guy girl today - that fits perfectly into this discussion.

Quote:
Okay...thanks.
Thank me when I did it.

Quote:
I just finished reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I tried to read quickly...because I want to see the movie before it's gone.

Has anyone read it/and... or/ seen the movie?
No, but I plan to do so. I think it's released in German in December or so. I was really happy when I saw this drama on #2 of the movie charts, it's always nice to see when a quality movie (good characters, good story, message) is watched by a lot of people, don't know if you know what other movies are in theatre atm, but IMHO a lot of them are simply for the summer made crap blockbusters. Betty, please let us know what you think about the movie, and though I'm no reader, I know that it's hard for a movie to compete with a book, that are 2 very different mediums, a book can tell a story over months or even years, a movie only has like 2 hours at best and a lot things seem too fast or are missing.

Sunny day at where I live, Lizzie McGuire episode 33/34 coming up, finale tomorrow + rewatch of the REAL last episode (freaking wrong broadcasting order ) + movie, The Middle S1 finale (was a really good season, suprisingly such a fun comedy show with great characters and actors, well done ABC!), Wilfred again, Scoundrels, Shameless, The Lying Game. Great programme.

The Middle: Season 1, Episode 24

“End of school year.” No wonder Sue had no picture in the yearbook, she dind’t make it into any club and her pictures she took at school three times were just creepy – but she doesn’t know that yet. “We’re lazy parents.” – “Nothing wrong with average.” Or how Mike put it: “We have nothing to worry about. Our kids are just fine.” Lazy parents! Very interesting thing. Think too many parents nowadays are that way, cos caring how the children do at school or in private would be work. It was a great sequence how the Heck parents were at school. No, Brick can’t go to 3rd great cos he didn’t return library books. No, the teacher doesn’t know who Sue Heck is, “is she African-American?” “Axl is gifted? Our Axl?” Me: What the heck, how can this lazy, half-naked, bored guy be gifted? Yes, he is, but he’s lazy, so he could do a lot better. That’s alright, now there’s still hope. Poor Axl, he thought they were kidding, no, they weren’t, now they were expecting grades from his potential. “I can’t please you people. Stupid big brain.” Thanks to Brick’s intelligence, it turned out be a mistake. The librarian was played by the great, the legend Batty White. 89 years old and still rocking it, impressive isn’t the right word, from outer space sounds a lot better. She was soooo good as the book obsessed librarian and evil too, okay, Brick had borrowed and not returned 31(!) books, so no wonder she wanted them back. I found it was a bit mean that Sue got hit by a deer and couldn’t make the cross country team. Doesn’t that girl deserve to have some fun in life? But it was worth it, cos she decided to run 5 laps with crooks! Like God hates her or something, she made 4 laps, was on lap 5, it started to rain, her crook broke, in the end she was crawling on the track towards the finish line. SHE MADE IT! EPIC!!!! Wow, Axl got a B- and Brick brought back the atlas to make it to the 3rd great. BEAUTIFUL ending of a fun first season.

Wilfred: Season 1, Episode 10

Another good episode, it had a couple of funny moments. It was about Ryan coming out of his safe house to meet the neighbours, who he had never met before. But it was of course a risk, he had to talk about his life, and that was very unpleaseant for him. He got accused of breaking in, Wilfred was acting like the usual maniac, but it was fun, interesting with Ryan's meeting with the real world, Wilfred vs. a ball throwing boy who made him mad, a homeless person giving Ryan an advice, he still has the chance to chose between being home alone or making some effort and meet other people. It's a really funny show, I have to admit there were some scenes that were too much, but that's the style of the show and in the end everything worked out fine for everybody, so I can't complain, how many clean tv shows are out there who wouldn't and couldn't dare to go to places where you have to think twice if you can laugh about that scene? But with the crazy dog-man Wilfred, played by the wonderful producer Jason Gann it's not so hard to laugh about things that are hard to take.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 08-21-2011 at 07:50 AM