View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 10:44 PM
JustMe2000
Elite Fan

I hated the Holly J plot. I hated that they just conveniently had a vintage prom dress for Fiona and Dawn to work around the grey moral area of buying a kidney. I hated that Fiona's money solved a problem for her friend. I really hated that once again, Holly J's mother was nowhere to be found until after the fact. About the only thing I liked was that they finally got Dawn and Holly J out of the Dot. Ugh.

On the other hand, I again really enjoyed the Dave/Alli plot. They have such a nice easy chemistry to them, and I'm happy that they're taking things very slow. I like the way they set up future stuff with them too, even if I think one of those "problems" should be a whole lot more minor than I'm sure the characters will view it.

I guess I'll show my age here, but Dave wearing a hat inside with Alli's girlfriend seemed like a no no to me, even if he wanted to show the "real Dave."

"Friend Boy"

I also really liked the Clare/Alli parts of this plot. It was great seeing Clare in the supporting role as Alli deals with her romantic misadventures. I'm sure we'll see plenty of the opposite in the next couple episodes.

Put me among those wondering where Drew's mother and (oh so useless in Degrassi terms) father was during this plot. Is he talking to a counselor, and if so why the hell not? With the way Mama Torres acts you would have thought that she would have dragged him to one by his ear if that's what it took. All that said, I did enjoy the dynamics between Drew and Owen/Julian and for the most part, him and Katie. The scene where he finally opened up to her was nicely done.

I too hope they find a way to keep Julian involved.

Lastly, I really hope this is the last we ever see of MMA on this show.

The line counts:

Part 1
Drew- 53
Alli- 44
Dave- 31
Holly J- 21
Julian- 16
Katie- 16
Mr. Bhandari- 16
Fiona- 12
Mo- 9
Owen- 9