View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Nekoshoujo
Master Fan

^ I dunno, that all seems a bit too happy ending and unrealistic to me. The whole element of money vs. family/blood obligation is interesting but I also don't know where the writers are going with it. On the one hand I can see why HJ is too distracted to have any major emotional reaction to meeting Dawn on the other it seems a bit unusual. I want things to work out in the end but I feel like if they bonded it would be way too cliche at this point. Dawn really doesn't seem to have much interest in that and neither does Holly J. Ugh, thinking about this really makes me realize I honestly have no idea exactly how I feel about this plot. Although my major issue with it remains the fact that I'm pretty sure HJ is not going to die. I also think the fact I'm so sure of that is the problem with this plot.

I dunno, I feel like I have one impression of this Holly J plot and then the more I think about it I have another. As a whole I have to admit I'm underwhelmed but at the same time there's moments I really like. I agree that there's just something "off" about it yet I don't think that was intentional. This will probably be one of those plots I'll have more to say about when it's all wrapped up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
"So the principal finally figured out what's going on in his own school, how is that my problem?" Score a big one for Katie!
haha, I loved this line.

Quote:
One final thing, I have to say I love the way that Julian has morphed from the "tough teen" who was forcing Dave to taser Wesley last season into super duper MMA teen Julian this season.
I find it believable. I actually kinda like Julian popping up again in this plot. He and Owen are a good duo because they're obvious the school bullies but we're getting to see them out of that light which is pretty unusual for any teen drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland Fan Forever (View Post)
I liked this episode a lot more than the last two episodes because the writers weren't trying so desperately to make someone look sympathetic.
This is a legit point!

Last edited by Nekoshoujo; 08-16-2011 at 12:24 AM
Nekoshoujo is offline   Reply With Quote