View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 12:12 AM
kaleidocat
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Speaking of Dawn, unlike my fellow Mod, I actually wouldn't mind if this was the last we ever saw of her, even though I know it won't be.
I’m not entirely opposed to this idea either. I feel like both HJ and her birth mom were brought together under stressful circumstances. I know elsewhere there’s a lot of hate being slung towards the birth mom but I don’t really feel that way. She does have a family of her now that she’s supporting on her own and cannot take time off work unpaid. And I don’t blame Holly J for being alienated and angered about that when her life is on the line. And at the same time I wouldn't exactly blame the birth mom if she felt like she was being used in this situation...but I don't have a child, much less one I put up for adoption, so I don't know how you feel when that person resurfaces years later. I don't know if there's an immediate connection. Do you feel like strangers? I like it when a storyline produces a lot of mental back and forth discussion where I think about each character’s motivations and it’s working well here. I think one option for the storyline closure is that HJ’s family steps up and offers to help care for her birth mom and her children while she recovers (but that doesn’t help the work situation). I don’t know if this is realistic or possible. But I keep thinking about how HJ mentioned that she hadn’t discussed any of this with her mother yet…that conversation is coming and maybe a more helpful solution could come from it. But is it too much of a happy ending to have HJ get her kidney and bond with her birth mom (I need to learn and remember this woman's name) while they recover? I just don’t know how I want this storyline to end.