View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 11:01 PM
JustMe2000
Elite Fan

"So the principal finally figured out what's going on in his own school, how is that my problem?" Score a big one for Katie! And Drew, I know you're not the brightest bulb in the world, but I do hope you understand what anonymous means. I'm not sure what to think of Drew and Katie, but I am intrigued by them.

Alli can't help but play her games. She should have used Sav to run interference during the dinner. Papa Bhandari totally knows that Dave is Alli's boyfriend. Loved the little shout out to the original Tron with Wes's uncle- and the idea of Dave being comfortable with adults is a nice call back as well. Still enjoying this relationship.

The Holly J plot felt a little off to me. I'm not quite sure why, though. I think it might be the lack of parental involvement. I know Degrassi's mantra is the no adults working out the kids' problems, but this is their daughter's long term health. Not having them there every step of the way just makes it seem like they're almost neglectful of their daughter.

Oh and I still don't feel the urgency, either, although I am glad they dismissed the Coynes paying for Dawn's kidney right away. I did like Holly J laying into her. That seemed like something HJ needed to do, given everything that's piled up on her. Speaking of Dawn, unlike my fellow Mod, I actually wouldn't mind if this was the last we ever saw of her, even though I know it won't be. And that's not because I dislike her, I just think actually having a situation where things don't work out between Holly J and her birth mother would have been an interesting way to go.

One final thing, I have to say I love the way that Julian has morphed from the "tough teen" who was forcing Dave to taser Wesley last season into super duper MMA teen Julian this season.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote