View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Holland Fan Forever
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
Actually I really liked this one!

The A-plot was great! Can't say I'm on board with Krew but as a Katie fan I think maybe Drew would be a good influence. I see no reason to ship though, they're no Drianca! But I think a friendship between them would be cool. If anything knowing this was set up for Krew was distracting because I like seeing a storyline that doesn't revolve around relationships. So far this season Drew's standing out to me. The way they're showing him dealing with PTSD and how slowly his reactions are evolving is perfect. I especially liked the Drew/Adam scene- "I like my violence virtual!" and Drew's interactions with Owen, Julian, and Mo. While it was realistic that Drew got a detention for the Simpson incident, Simpson should not be touching students. Especially considering two school years ago he got in trouble for that because of Darcy. I guess what it comes down to is that I like Drew's storyline a lot and I keep wanting more. I also loved Drew's strut down the hall followed by Katie basically copying it- what a great moment!

As for the B-plot, I liked it but I guess it wasn't anything mindblowing. I ship Bhandurner for sure and I couldn't help smiling during the first few scenes. But ultimately I feel like this can only end one way tomorrow: Alli introduces the real Dave to her parents and promises to continue to dating him no matter their reaction. I suppose it was just a little too predicatable for my taste. That said I think Jahmil and Melinda work great together! Their exchanges always feel easy going and real. That's the real strength of this relationship.

I'm glad Chloe was wrong about the C-plot being Eclare/Cake. I was worried that would be overkill. All and all I feel like HJ's storyline this season is paced a little strangely. There are some really great moments and then some scenes seem a bit dragged out. Having it play out as a subplot instead of an A-plot like last time was a great move. Since it wasn't filling as much time, the storyline moved a lot faster. Everything felt more urgent because of that! The strength of this plot continues to be Charlotte's acting. I love how she's able to act "quietly" - instead of making every moment into something huge and overdramatic we understand how Holly J feels with a single look. Also I'm really glad they brought up the legality of Dawn's request because I was wondering about that. And I'm really going to miss the Holly J/Fiona friendship next season they're like sisters and I really like that. Fiona's "yeesh" omg she sounded like my friend's Jewish grandmother and I love it!
I liked this episode a lot more than the last two episodes because the writers weren't trying so desperately to make someone look sympathetic. I did think that the writers have ignored the whole Darcy/Snake situation and Ms. Dawes doesn't seem to be doing much supervising for the play. I think that Drew's PTSD is being dealt with realistically but Katie and Drew aren't Drew and Bianca but, I do think Katie and Drew could be friends. I think that there is a sense of urgency here that Holly J's storyline just doesn't and won't have.

I liked the Alli and Dave plotline because to me bringing Dave to meet her parents as a "friend" is a big step for Alli and at least Dave seems to treat her right unlike her previous boyfriends.

As for Holly J's plot, there is no sense of urgency here to me because I am sure things will work out fine for Holly J in the end. I have always enjoyed Fiona and Holly J's friendship because it is sincere and not just plot driven. I will really miss Holly J and Fiona's friendship in the fall. I liked how Fiona is encouraging Holly J not to give up on her dream of going to Yale because Holly J has no real connection to Degrassi with anyone who will be back in the fall outside of Fiona. I would hate to see Holly J added to the list of characters who had a dream but never got to see their dream become a reality for any number of reasons but most of the reasons involved really awkward storylines that often came across as insulting to the character and their fans. I do get the impression that Dawn was someone who got pregnant young and gave Holly J up for adoption with the hope that she could finish her education and Holly J could have a better life than Dawn could provide. However, Dawn still somehow ended up in a difficult situation and so it was hard to feel sympathy for her here. I am glad that Holly J did express her anger at Dawn because I think that at least it gives Dawn something to really think about. I think it would be hard for Dawn to explain to her kids when they are older that she could've helped their step sister but she chose to do nothing and so I liked seeing Holly J make Dawn feel guilty about her choice. I think that if someone was going to die that it is more likely to be someone who will actually be on the show in the fall and who'a death would actually affect the Degrassi student body but, Holly J dying wouldn't affect the students there much because the only real connection that she has left with the kids at Degrassi is with Fiona. I am sure that the Coynes will be there to help Holly J nontheless even if her family can't and Dawn won't.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola

Last edited by Holland Fan Forever; 08-15-2011 at 07:51 PM
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote