View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 07:30 PM
kaleidocat
Elite Fan

I continue to be impressed by Drew's storyline this season. It's funny because when he was introduced last summer he was one of the characters I disliked the most. It's actually quite a nice feeling to have him move up in rank and be so emotionally involved as I watch him on my screen. I love angsty male characters and he's giving me my fix. His slow and steady emotional breakdown seems so natural for him and it actually feels real. It would be easy to go over the top with the gang violence but I think the storyline is being handled very carefully. Drew's reactions, while not healthy, make sense for someone who is troubled and fearful. Loving it. Loving it. Never get better Drew. And I'm saying that because I like you.

The relationships of Drew/Katie and Dave/Alli are both interesting to me. I'm happy with both plots and their different complications.

And Dave is also a character who wasn't on my list of faves a season ago. When he was first introduced I didn't get the hype. And he's not typically the type of character I go for (class clowns). But like Drew, his character seems to be progressing. I love it when a character turns out to be something you'd never expect.

C-plot was fine. Happy that the Coynes couldn't throw their weight around financially and provide a quick fix. It adds more tension to this storyline. But I still don't really feel any danger. Possibly because fans tend to hype themselves up into a frenzy about a main character death. I just don't think it's going to go there, especially not because of kidney failure. This storyline is going to need to be wrapped up before the seniors graduate though. I'm hoping that's not the last we see of HJ's birth mother.