View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 12:22 PM
serendipity or fate
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xheartrockx (View Post)
I don't have anything again DM per se, don't get me wrong. What... "bothered" me about them is that it's yet again another best-friends-turned-lovers-story. I wish that for once they would have stayed away from that, showing that a guy and a girl who have been friends their entire lives can be nothing but friends...

Anyway... back to topic. Yeah, it is kind of fanfic-ish project. Something I might even discuss with you mods *is super secretive* I'll let you know what it's ready.

I found it a bit that a LOT of people were complaining about JM. I mean... what did they expect? You don't cast a guy like that, set up his character and relationship with the character like that and don't have them go there. At least to me, it was quite obvious from their very first scene.
Something about those stories, as long as they are told correctly, always get to me (hence my love for NS - more so from the GG books than the show. ). And with DM, it was more about their story than just the best-friends aspect. I just loved the depth of it.. all the hurt and the angst that came along with what happened when they were teens, how it affected Marti in such a profound way - all of her trust issues and inability to truly open up to anyone since Dan - and the way that Dan had never gotten over her either. I just loved the way it was told. It wasn't shoved it our faces from the beginning, but the layers between them were subtly pulled back, like in 1x05 when it was clear that Marti was feeling more than she wanted to about DS. And it just got better from there. The story was crafted and explained and shown so wonderfully.

That sounds awesome! I'll definitely help out in any way I can!

People were complaining? I thought that they had an insane amount of chemistry, what's there to complain about? But I didn't see it from the beginning either, honestly. Maybe that's just 'cause of Marti's tendency to be so headstrong, but, I don't know... They definitely had "it" in spades as the episodes progressed though, so no complaints from me.