View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Jenny's legs
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillmdoc (View Post)
I know people lurk and there is a certain reluctance to post if English isn't someone's first language. But no one here is judging anyone on how they write. If you're a card-carrying member of the Jemma nation, that's all that matters. So when people come on and just ask for links it's sort of undermining the whole spirit of community. No one is trying to be sneaky or withhold information, so there's no need for anyone to think this board isn't 'nice'.
Thing is, I didn't come on just asking for links. I've been on this board practically all day--about 16 hours. I'm not one to post much, but I do read and enjoy. I also frequent the L Board. Today has been nearly impossible to keep up with posts on both boards, but I"ve done my best. I did miss a big chunk once I got the LQ link, but I simply coulnd't stop watching. When I came back, the first thing I saw was the link for 197. I clicked on it and was so happy that it was HQ. I immediately PMed the link to Spoony, because she's been holding out for the HQ vid. She's brought so much joy to this fandom, and I wanted to do something to make her happy. Imagine my dismay when I realized what it was I sent. There was no other reason for whoever made this vid than to be hurtful. The fact that so many members are posting it in their sigs says something about this board. It's mean, plain and simple.