View Single Post
Old 10-24-2003, 07:33 PM
ROCKSTAR
Elite Fan

Ok. If I were the Frogg I'be really happy with these ratings and I'll tell you why:

1. First or all: Ats is a cult show, it's not a powerhouse like BTVS was(at least the first 4 years); thus indicating that if ratings are better that means they're doing something good because you know everybody watches something else already!

2. New shows are risky. Look at FOX with "Skin"... The show did horrible and IS horrible(sorry to those who liked it). Hype doesn't translate into big ratings, yet, Ats is doing great considering it doesn't have the hype and it doesn't have the "star power" that other shows have.

3. Ats is an established show with well known names, people know its there and it has a *strong* fan base that will watch no matter what. Now even more with Spike/BTVS fans joining!

4. If they want a sci fi spark amongst their midst other than Smallville they better stay with an established show because sci fi/fantasy shows go through hell to get the ratings Ats currently enjoys. Greenwalt should know. His ABC show "Miracles" was excellent, had movie star actors and it still flopped.

5. Their audience is young, the show should stay young enough for them to relate to. Still, it doesn't have to be teenage young like other WB shows. What present show has an audience that has grown up along with the series?? Not many! So they can go a little darker w/o serious backlash because their audience can take it and probably will appreciate very much!

I may be wrong on some stuff but it is how I feel at least right now. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

PS: I'd love those ratings to get higher and higher, its my dream so we all will just keep on holding on!