View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Aurora Cormier
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
when Carol says "I don't understand that", I always think, "I am right there with you!!"
YES, I'm right there with both of you guys *and we get along perfectly and we're her BFFs too *

And OMG Stephen, I could quote every little bit of your post, those are my thoughts EXACTLY. I was SO mad while that whole mess was going on, because before I watched I never knew why exactly Doug "had" to leave, I always knew he could be completely reckless and irresponsible when he THOUGHT he was doing the right thing,and most times he even was, but he just had little or no regard to everyone else's career at stake. But as his send off I HATED that that was how it happened. Sure, if you go with the character's history it actually makes sense that this behavior eventually had a big consequence. From that perspective, ok. But when it comes to his relationship with Carol, it makes NO sense whatsoever. This kind of situation has never happened to me, but I never got this "I have to leave so either you come with me or.." wtf, right, you have to leave, lots of people have to leave to a new place for work, for several reasons, that doesn't mean you have to leave the person you were engaged to and planning on starting a family with. You'll go wherever it is that you're going, figure your stuff out and together you'll figure out how our lives will work together, even if apart. I don't know if I'm making sense here, but I think you know what I mean, right? It just didn't seem like he was giving him any options, it was either joining him or that was it. Seriously?

And then she was pregnant and he didn't even consider coming back, ffs! Yes, I know George wasn't there bla bla bla, but couldn't they have come up with something like they had worked something out, I don't know, we didn't have to SEE him, just know he was THERE, you know. That was SO frustrating and disappointing