View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 03:25 PM
MD9999
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
This might have had to do with the shooting but I think it was at least 50% Emma having an identity crisis (which has become the consistent storyline for her over the years).
Granted, it has been quite a while since I've seen Secret, or really ant post TSS season 4, but I'd be incline to agree. Early in the episode, Mr. Perrino mentions that her grades are slipping, and that is probably related to the shooting, but I don't think that most of her actions in secret had as much to do with it. I don't remember when the Emma/Manny reconcilation was, but, assuming it was not before Secret, Emma basically had no friends. I think she wanted to be a fun person and have friends, and performing sexual favors seem like a route to this. That is, she was clearly not of particularly sound mind after the shooting, but I think that only lowered her inhibitions. This allowed her to act based on feelings she already had. I don't really know...

Anyway, I think the Spaige discussion here is insightful, but I hate to find flaws in their relationship because it's one of my favorites. It was authentic, like the early season relationships, while also being fun, like the gratuitous and unrealistic later season relationships.