View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Shereile
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynea (View Post)
been lurking for awhile now...but today I finally caved (and had the time to completely compile my thoughts logically).

I'm reluctant to ship this couple ONLY because I'm afraid it will never happen. Sadly, from the looks of the S2 finale, they are finally going to go the 'love triangle' route with the Salvatore brothers. I did like Stefan in the beginning...but he's too passive and quiet for Elena. There's no doubt he loves her, but the passion is just not there. As for Damon, he finally showed just how despicable he can be (forcing Elena to drink his blood; compelling innocent women (yes, even after all this time, etc.))...I just can't condone, let alone ignore the behaviour. Damon is more passionate, but I just can't 'look past' his past indiscretions.

That leaves Elijah. OK, from the first moment he was onscreen, he commanded the scene. He definitely has an undeniable onscreen presence. I remember thinking, if this guy is so dangerous, powerful, manly and sexy....I can hardly imagine what Klaus will look/act like. Surprisingly, Klaus was a complete disappointment! I'm sorry...but this is the big, evil vampire?!?! The charisma to carry this character is just not there.

Elijah on the other hand plays both sides perfectly -- he can be both passive and passionate at the same time. You can reason and talk with him; but in the same breath (or in this case lack of breath ) he can rip (literally) an enemy's heart out. This is the type of personality that suits Elena. She has always seemed like an 'old soul' to me; young in age, but not experience. The way they talk and trust and respect each other is absolutely key to their relationship. Plus, their onscreen chemistry is quite extraordinary! (And coming from me, that's a huge compliment, because I tend to judge onscreen chemistry based against the best onscreen couple of all time -- Thornton and Margaret, 2004 BBC's North & South).

Then, to my chagrin, Klaus then "killed" Elijah. I am assuming he'll be back for S3...but probably not as a main character. So, I'm reluctant to get invested in this couple, though the story potential and chemistry is there. I remember how disappointed I was when Harry and Hermione did not happen.

Anyway, if and when they do happen, rest assured I will be cheering just as loud as the rest of you! They are perfectly suited for one another.

P.S., please add me to the list of shippers!
I understand this perfectly and I'm not delusional to believe they will get together, but I ship them because they are amazing together and every EE scene just steals it, so I don't worry that I invest everything in this couple because I'm already loving every scene they have, no matter if it's exceptionally romantic or just a simple talk. Actually every EE talk is kinda hot, so it's ok for me to ship them although I won't get the EE endgame.
Harry and Hermione Well, you shouldn't be disappointed, because I ship Harry and Voldemort, yes Harry and Voldie
Now that is a doomed ship