View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 03:04 AM
Imzadi
Moderator Support Team

on sunsentinal.com

Gloomy Girls

The WB was bummed when it wound up with only two Emmy nominations, both in relatively minor technical categories. The network was optimistic that Gilmore Girls and some of its other series would be recognized.

"Honestly, we're terrifically disappointed," Entertainment President David Janollari said. "We thought that this was the year [Gilmore Girls] had broken through in an even bigger way. Creatively, I think it was its strongest season ever. We all walked around very gloomy that Thursday morning."

"Lauren Graham was just extraordinary this year," WB Chairman Garth Ancier added.

The WB got mad and it will attempt to get even. Violating an unwritten rule in the business that the rest of TV give the Emmys as much of a free ride as possible, the WB has scheduled the broadcast network premiere of Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers opposite the Emmys on Sept. 18.

Janollari insists the scheduling decision was made before the Emmy nominations were announced, but he offered no explanation for why it wasn't made public until now.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign