View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 02:22 PM
villette
Dedicated Fan

I think we all do things that can potentially be catalysts for disease / cancer or just poor health in general. It's often either ignorance or "that won't happen to me" syndrome. Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the U.S. Does everyone take the recommended precautions that may prevent it? Most don't. Even if there was absolute proof--without a fraction of doubt--that sun rays cause skin cancer and smoking causes lung /whatever cancer, that people would still smoke / not wear sunscreen. It's very easy to turn a blind eye when you're immersed in addiction or habit. It can be really difficult for some people when they have to give all their self-control to diet and exercise and other things to have enough energy left to deny themselves something they feel they really need to function (or just really really want). We pick our battles.

Maybe she'll be more inclined to quit when she doesn't have such a crazy-hectic schedule.