View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 02:15 AM
Jadeleine
Total Fan

TwinFlames|DღE|#1259:"You should have met me in 1864. You would have liked me."-"I like you now...just the way you are."

Welcome to the 1259th
Damon & Elena Thread

Their Story (Season 1)

Damon and Elena's relationship will take many roads. It’s a huge journey. Kevin Williamson

When Damon Salvatore returned to Mystic Falls, it had nothing to do with Elena Gilbert. He had a diabolical master plan, he was still crippled by his love for Katherine. So when he watched her from across the graveyard, it was simply curiosity that brought him there. And when Elena sensed somebody there in the shadows, she brushed it off as nothing. Neither could know just how important they would become to one another.

Yet from their first meeting, it was inevitable. From the way they stared at one another, the way they talked and the way Damon crushed the back of her hand with the lightest of touches. It was clear that something would blossom between them.

Right from the start, they got each other. He made her laugh, she made him smile. He knew that cheer leading wasn't for her anymore. And she knew that there was more to Damon than his pretense. 'I'm sorry...about Katherine, you lost her too.' This was only the second time that they had ever really talked, yet the understanding between them was instant. It was natural, it was chemical, it was undeniable. Damon 'the monster' was an act. Elena knew this before even meeting that monster. 'I am not Katherine.' With that slap, Elena separated herself from Katherine completely. She got under his skin, so much so that we saw the first glimpse of Damon's humanity. As he watched her sleep, and touched her cheek tenderly. He was considering the two...Katherine and Elena. He was pondering how they could look identical, whilst being completely different. He was thinking of the empathy Elena had offered him, and the fire she had confronted him with. He was starting to see her as something more than just somebody to toy with..

'Doesn't it always come down to the love of a woman.' For a moment it seemed that Damon's charm had worked its magic on her at last. As Elena held his gaze for a moment too long, she seemed to be teetering on the brink of accepting him. But that quickly changed when Elena began to realize how Damon had been treating Caroline. She realized that Damon was dangerous...that he was no good. So she stormed over to him, pushed him and warned him off her friend. Passionate, fiery and loyal. Traits that Damon would admire. He watched her as she brushed past him, already not liking the idea of her hating him.

Then Elena found out that Damon was a vampire. She found out that he had been feeding on Caroline, and that he had been behind all the deaths. When he appeared at her house, she was rightfully terrified of him. Yet there was still that special chemistry between them as he backed her up against the staircase. Despite her fear, Elena did not back down. She matched him, as she always matches him.

With Vicki's death, Damon took that first step towards redemption. Elena blamed him, as she had right to do. She challenged him as she always done. She hit him and she called him out. 'It matters and you know it.' Elena was as brave and as fiery as ever. Damon tried to ignore the truth in her words. The chemistry was sparking between them, stronger than ever.

And Elena got through to him. Her words affected him. He stepped up and took responsibility. He offered to do something selfless, for the first time in over a century. 'I can do it. If this is what you want.' He did it for Elena, on her terms. The shock on her face proved how monumental this moment was. This 17 year old girl was already chipping away at the ice around Damon's heart.

But Damon hadn't suddenly switched. Elena watched as he killed Lexi, putting himself and his brother above anything else. She watched as pain and heartbreak caused him to lash out and attack Bonnie.

It was when Damon saved her life that a bond really began to form. He was gentle and sweet to her, a side of Damon that she had not yet met. He took her away from her life, and she appreciated it. They had fun, she was allowed to let go. She asked Damon questions and he gave her honest answers. She got to know him. So when it looked like he would die, she couldn't let it happen. Despite everything that he had done, she saved his life. And as he drove her home, it was clear that a friendship was blossoming.

And it was a comfortable friendship. Damon was happy to do his part in protecting Elena from Noah, and she was happy to have him there. Yet Elena was still wary. So much so that she agreed to deceive Damon. When Damon appeared for 'family night' he seemed genuinely happy to be a part of something, of a group. And he decided to put his trust in Elena completely. We saw him doubt Stefan, and accept Elena's reassurance. But we saw Elena doubt herself too. She didn't want to lie to him, especially not when he was being so genuine and honest with her.

Inevitably, Damon discovered her deception. The genuine pain on his face seemed to shock Elena and it was clear that guilt pressed down upon her. She couldn't meet his gaze, she hated what she had done. Damon, impulsive as ever, grabbed her and threatened to turn her as leverage. Yet as he let her go, he was tender – betraying once again how he could never really hurt her. Not even when she had betrayed him.

And Elena understood, as she always does. She knew that Damon wasn't angry, he was hurt. She went to see him, and she put her trust in him completely. In taking off her necklace and offering him the chance to compel her, Elena offered the ultimate apology. She was asking him for his trust too. And Damon understood. He placed her necklace back on her neck and two themes of their relationship were sealed forever. Trust, and wanting it all to be real.

Their connection was stronger than ever. So when Damon was lost in misery inside the tomb, Elena did not hesitate to run in there after him. And Damon listened to her, and only her. Then she hugged him. For the first time in a very long time, somebody offered Damon honest comfort. 'I'm sorry.' And Elena meant it. Damon did not wrap his arms around her – it was still all very strange to him. But once again, Elena was breaking through to his heart.

Damon quickly turned to alcohol to help him deal with his pain. Elena, naturally, was concerned for him despite the mystery of her birth mother weighing on her mind. When she helped him button his shirt, the heat between them was overwhelming. And Damon's sweetness, rendered Elena speechless and flustered for a moment. They were reacting to one another in ways that simply cannot be explained.

Yet of course, things did not run entirely smoothly. Whilst taunting Alaric over the fact that he killed his wife, Damon did not know the damage he was doing to his relationship with Elena. She quickly told him. And the shock, pain and regret was clear on Damon's face. Hurting Elena was the last thing he wanted to do, and it was clear that with every moment his feelings for her were strengthening. Consciously or not, this was when Damon decided to really try for her.

When Stefan was taken by the tomb vampires, Elena had to work with Damon. He proved himself to her. He reassured her in the rain, he was honest with her in Alaric's classroom – then gentle. He was intent upon protecting her. So much so, that Alaric noticed too. Then during Stefan's struggle with human blood – Damon was there for her whenever she needed him. They sparred verbally in her bedroom, they conspired before he gave her a rose. A simple but meaningful symbol.

Then he stepped in for Stefan at the Miss Mystic Fall's dance and the world seemed to stop. They didn't simply dance...they were absorbed by one another. For those few seconds, Elena forgot everything else. Slowly, she started to smile and Damon smiled with her. Then when they broke apart...Elena almost looked afraid. Afraid of what the dance had made them feel, afraid of what that could mean.

They had little time to think of that though. They worked together, as a team, to help Stefan. Damon went with her plan, and he stayed with her. Sitting down outside Stefan's cell was a small gesture, but a powerful one. Damon would be there for her.

And he was throughout Stefan's detox. Their comfort around one another was evident. Damon couldn't quite hide how happy it made him to have her around and Elena continued to dig at him. His flippant remarks were not enough for Elena, who can always read him. She learned the truth about how he turned, and still she called him out on pretending not to care.

With Isobel's return, we discovered Damon's protective side. Elena was the only thing on his mind. 'Going after Elena? Bad move.' Again trust was essential to them. Damon trusted Elena enough to hand over a weapon that could potentially kill him, and the way his hand lingered on hers was telling. Then Isobel stunned Elena in telling her that Damon was in love with her. Even Damon looked shocked, as though he couldn't quite fathom what was happening either. They shared a look over Stefan's back – both confused as to what this meant for them.

Damon's reaction was to try and hide from the truth. But as soon as he shared a moment alone with Elena, he couldn't. He complimented her, and she smiled warmly. Their friendly banter had a simmering undertone, one that Elena knew she had to push aside. She warned Damon against playing with their friendship. And he was instantly serious. He wanted her friendship first and foremost.

As the tomb vamps attacked Mystic Falls we saw Damon seek out Elena to make sure she was safe. We then saw Elena run towards the fire to save Damon. Neither could lose the other. Because of Elena, Damon allowed his emotions to run free. So when he bumped into who he thought was her on the porch, he poured them out. 'Somewhere along the way, you decided I was worth saving, and I wanted to thank you for that.' His whole struggle to find his humanity, everything that he had done – it was all for Elena. Then he kissed her, with more passion and with more heart that anything seen before.

Except it wasn't Elena. She didn't hear that speech. We ended the season with both Damon and Elena oblivious to Katherine's deception. But what was clear was that Damon had fallen for Elena completely. And whilst Elena continues to insist her feelings for him are entirely friendly, she has accepted that he is a huge part of her life and that she never wants to lose him. Never.

ღ ღ ღ

"Some things could matter again."

Shippers
001-600
651. LeytonISlove
652. EddieDoo
653. silent_hell
654. delenabetterthanyou
655. Swift2Potter
656. kelly really
657. Damon_girl
658. Irene_
659. sammylovesdamon
660. Snofloproductions
661. Annie-Day10♥
662. Joella
663. shadyshoes
664. Ice Queen follower
665. BrUcAs Is EnD gAme
666. suckysucky
667. kings05
668. bright_eyes
669. FINISH LINE
670. badboysarebest
671. Stamon<3
672. ●EternalBitch
673. crunchydictator
674. foreverafter12
675. Skinny Love
676. Queen of Babble
677. dwoods87
678. theduchess

Honorary Shippers
1. Ian Somerhalder
2. Nina Dobrev
3. Kevin Williamson
4. Eric Northman
5. Chuck and Blair
6. Angelus
7. Spike
8. Dean Winchester
9. Lucifer
10. Darth Vader
11. Sue Sylvester
12. Barney Stinson
13. Dracula
14. Lestat
15. The Alphabet
16. Low Rise Jeans
17. Google
18. BuzzSugar
19. Alaric Saltzman
20. Elena's Teddy Bear
21. Jeremy Gilbert
22. Pickles
23. Buttons
24. Isobel
25. Danielle Monaro from Z100
26. LA Times
27. RabidDoll
28. Windows
29. Cows
30. Umbrellas
31. The Weather
32. Boone
33. Zap2It
34. Candice Accola
35. Kristin Dos Santos (E!Online)
36. Katherine Pierce
37. Kitchen
38. Porches
39. Drunken!Nat
40. Andy Swift
41. The Madagascar Penguins
42. Captain Jack Sparrow
43. Doors
44. Elena's Vervaine Necklace
45. Elena's Bedroom
46. Stairs
47. Jorge Garcia
48. Pikachu
49. Sleeperstar
50. The Fray
51. Rose
52. Elijah
53. Pillows
54. Matt Lanter
55. Steven R. McQueen
56. Spongebob
57. Cucumbers
58. Elena's ponytail
59. Damon's Bed
60. Bruno Mars
"You and I, we having something...
An understanding.
"

The thing is, he wormed his way into her heart all last season.
When no one understood him or attempted to be his friend,
she did because she wanted to see the good in him.
Nina Dobrev
I love Damon and Elena because they aren't your typical couple.
They didn't look at each other and know right away that they meant to be together.
Damon and Elena are about the slow burn.
Their relationship is so special because they have grown so much in such a short time.
They went from almost hating each other (or at least, Elena hating Damon) to mutually respecting in each other and enjoying each others company.
Elena now views Damon as a friend, and Damon is in love with her.
The build up between the two over the course of the season was amazing to watch and makes their relationship that much more meaningful.
Nina and Ian have amazing chemistry that translates so well onscreen and their passion and intensity makes you want to root for them.
~ Alexa
The only truly redeeming quality, I think, Damon has is that he
will do anything to protect her
Ian Somerhalder

I couldn't have agreed more with CW when they released a promo poster with Damon and Elena in it.
Its caption is "Drawn together, and not pulling away." It speaks so much of Damon and Elena.
Damon met Elena for the wrong reasons- because she was Katherine's doppelganger.
But, that did a 360-degree turn and changed completely.
They are drawn together for a lot of reasons now. What was only because of a resemblance blossomed into something that is so much more than what we all have imagined and thought of..
Without saying it, Damon and Elena need each other.
Elena herself said that they "...have a connection."
Damon brings out something fun, fresh and almost-too carefree in Elena, something we haven't seen of her with Stefan.
Meanwhile, Elena plays the complete opposite of her doppelganger and Damon's first love, Katherine.
She's kind, brave, and understanding.
She gave Damon a chance to redeem himself and find the "good spot" in him, despite saying he has "... no redeeming qualities."
That was how their relationship was built and cemented.
Despite the belief that Elena and Stefan are soulmates, I really believe that a part of her, if not the most part, goes out to Damon. They are always going to need each other at some point.
Even if all the odds are stacked against them, they are not pulling away, and will not ever pull away,like the poster said.
Whether they like it or not, gravity pulls them towards each other, as cliche as it sounds.
Their lives are always bound to intertwine and connect.
You can't just wipe off what they have in an instant. Damon and Elena have substance, especially when together.
Like what the title of the thread, they are twin flames.
I strongly believe that they will always be.
As a last note, I've said time and again that I've never shipped this hard, as far as my watching of TV shows go.
But really, shipping Damon and Elena is so worth it, even if they are not a couple ... yet.
~ Camille (broodyandcheery)

"I'm trusting you.
Don't make me regret it.
"

Chemistry. Passion. Fire. Kindness. Trust. Compassion. Loyalty.
Those are some of the things that usually make a pairing work.
Damon/Elena has all those things and more, without being a couple, without even really being friends -
because honestly, there's too much unresolved sexual tension and actual feelings for them to ever form a functioning friendship -
and that's what basically intrigued me from the very start.
I'll have to admit that I was all for Stefan/Elena in the pilot, but then Elena met the sexy older brother and this gorgeous ship had me with a lip-stare and a smirk.
No words necessary.
Over the next episodes, we've seen them form a tentative...whatever you want to call it.
But that's what's so amazing about them. The fact that you have no idea where they stand, one moment they hate each other, and the next would leave us drooling from their intense lip-stares and swallows, and yet, it's all so believable.
The build-up.
While we beg for them to get it over with and just get it on already, we know that a build-up is necessary.
It's the little moments that we truly appreciate, whenever he compliments her, or whenever she seems to see some of the existent good in him.
Not to mention all the lip-stares, slaps, personal space invasions, and swallows that make us endlessly squee from all the fangirling adoration.
Back to why DE is awesome, as if that didn't tell you enough.
Elena is the only one Damon ever lets inside.
She's the one that brings out the small dose of humanity that he still retains.
She has this power over him that no one else will ever have - whether he likes it or not.
We've seen how Damon can't quite hide behind his well-built mask when he's around Elena.
Without being compelled, Elena almost withdrew to Damon's advances, and that's saying something, especially since she's supposed to be devoted only to Stefan.
They can't deny that something is building between them.
Something powerful that will be unforgettable.
Their story is one for the ages, and we're having fun watching it happen before our eyes.
No matter what Elena says, don't be fooled. Damon does have one redeeming quality:
Her.
~ Gaby (qaby |♥|)

That's the number 1 question. Everyone wants to know what's gonna
happen between Damon and Elena
Kevin Williamson
There isn't anything I don't love about them.
They're perfect for each other. He brings out her fun side, and she brings out his humanity. Can it get better than that?
They have so much potential. I really hope the writers explore it.
~ Elvira (TheSweetestSmile)
That's the fun of it. It's waiting and waiting and dissecting
every little time he does something nice thing for her,
and how it makes her feel - that anticipation, that build-up.
Julie Plec

"Elena is not at all looking at his lips.
No siree, Bob.
" ~ TWOP
"You can feel that there's something between
her and Damon.
" ~ TVSquad
"Aww, Damon totally hearts Elena!
And she knows it as much as we do
." ~ HitFix

"Chemistry screams from Damon and Elena
and I predict a pairing pretty damn soon...
"
~ TVOvermind
"There's something between these two.
She's lying to herself by denying it.
"
~ TVFanatic
"How about that so-thick-you-could-cut-it-with-a-knife
sexual tension between Damon and Elena?
"
~ MTV
"Suddenly, I was 16-years-old, squealing inside as Damon
picked up the necklace, shook his head, and wrapped
his arms around her neck to put it back on her.
" ~ EW
"Elena may not realize it yet, but all the fans do.
She belongs with Damon
" ~ FANBOLT
"There was some serious sexual tension between
Elena and Damon during their impromptu
dancing at the pageant.
" ~ Poptimal
"Damon fell for Elena based on their developing history
over the course of The Vampire Diaries'
Season 1
" ~ TVGuide

"Damon and Elena prove touching is overrated."
~ LA Times
"Damon will protect her body and soul."
~ TV WatchTower

"Can you say sexual tension? In the rain no less!"
~ BuzzSugar
"Elena and Damon. They’re bloody perfect together!"
~ Hollywood Life

"The pair have an innate understanding of one another –
one that doesn’t require words.
" ~ TVRA

"Damon's pretty sure that there's something brewing
between him and Elena, and despite what Elena says,
we're pretty sure he's right.
" ~ CWSource

"I am simply going to show you my favorite scene.
One that might only be exciting if you're a DaLena 'shipper -
thankfully (I am).
" ~ NYPost
"There’s something about Damon and Elena that
gives the viewer the impression that they can
read each others’ minds a bit.
" ~ Zap2it
"Opening his heart like that was an unexpected
miracle. That is the gift that Elena
gave him.
" ~ RabidDoll

I ship DE because it’s impossible not to see the chemistry between them; even in the subtlest of glances you can tell that they “have something”.
The agonizing build up is addictive and the “forbidden love” relationship they have just makes the wait and their relationship so much more enticing.
They bring out the best and worst in each other; they push and pull each other and from the start, the passion between the two is glaringly obvious.
Even though he may cover it up with bitterness, Damon truly cares for her, and it was at that turning point in their relationship (in the books) that converted me to DE.
~ Cathryn (Cathryn93)

If you look back at season one, when Elena was around Damon,
she smiled. She had fun. Despite the fact that sometimes she’d rather
knee him in the crotch or run away, or stake his ass.
Ian Somerhalder

"You're better than this!"

I didn't really ship Damon and Elena at first, but once I noticed something between them I knew it would be impossible to stop.
Everything about them is interesting, and their interactions are on fire.
They OWN everything from eye sex to dancing, and Ian and Nina's chemistry is out of this world.
It's so great to watch how much Damon care about Elena, and how she is starting to fall for him as well.
It is safe to say that they are one of THE best things about The Vampire Diaries.
Not only do Damon and Elena have an amazing future ahead of them, but an AMAZING and massive fan base to back them up.
~ Noelle

One of the things I really like about LJ Smith's books is that it took
a very long time for Elena and Damon to reach any kind of détente,
any kind of true connection, with each other. I want to make sure
that we take our own sweet time with that, as well, because you
have to believe it
Julie Plec
I don’t think I’ve ever liked a couple as much as I like Damon and Elena.
The thing that really drew me in was their chemistry. From their first scene, they had indescribable chemistry.
They don’t even have to touch or use words, just the way they look at each other sends sparks flying.
There’s so much electricity, passion, tension, and words spoken with just one look between these two.
I started shipping them in 1x03 when they were discussing Katherine in the kitchen.
When Elena told Damon she was sorry that he lost Katherine, he realized that she was not Katherine, that she was different and that she had a heart.
They shared a look that said so many things.
I was sold.
I loved watching their relationship develop throughout the season.
At first, Damon was the bad boy that seemed to have no humanity, he trusted nobody but himself.
Elena was the one to bring out the human side of him.
They built a trust and a friendship, they got to know each other.
I love that they have build up.
It makes their relationship so real and beautiful.
Whether or not Damon and Elena end up together, they’ll always have a connection that can’t be broken.
~ standingintherain
You know, when Damon's in the presence of Elena, that is when
you definitely see a change in him. There is something so
profoundly attractive to Damon about this girl.
Ian Somerhalder

Damon and Elena are the most amazing couple in the history of TV shows.
Because searching for love takes time, patience, courage to take the risk but the reward is worth doing it. Because they represent a dream come true. The dream of real love and passion.
Because "My night has become a sunny dawn because of you."
Because "In my wildest dreams, you always play the hero. In my darkest hour of night, you rescue me, you save my life."
Because "I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."
Because "Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."
Because "It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
Because "Love is friendship set on fire."
~ Nia (niadk)

"Come on, Damon. That’s a lie. You care."

Hate is the beginning of most love stories. It was no surprise that we
ended the episode with Elena saying “I hate him.”
Kevin Williamson

There is so many reasons why I love Damon and Elena.
I think that Damon is the only one who really gets who she is, he understands her like nobody else.
She's the only one who could make him forget about Katherine, cause we can clearly see that he is really falling for her.
For me those two ARE the show, the chemistry is truly here, and it's so great, it makes all of their scenes epic.
And this is just the start of something amazing, she bring out his humanity, and for me Damon and Elena are meant to be, they belong together, one can't go without the other!
The show wouldn't exist without them.
They bring out the best of each other, she makes him want to be a better person.
~ Carla (FrenchGirl90210)

ღ ღ ღ

M A L E X

Last edited by Jadeleine; 05-13-2011 at 02:31 AM