View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Shereile
Loyal Fan

we have so many possible titles

I think Elena reminds Elijah of everything he liked about being human and continues to like about being human.

I think now, he’s just so weathered and kind of numb. I think that’s slowly changing because of meeting Elena.

She’s the reason he’s — she’s everything Katerina was, and then some more. I think she’s a miracle to him. I think everybody else is behaving in a way he understands and can predict, but she’s just this flower in the desert.

I think he’s seduced by her, in spite of himself. Nobody’s got better restraint than Elijah, but I think that she’s just completely enchanting.

The spin in the works here, is this little thing called Elena. She’s got more of a grasp on him that he understands. Or let me rephrase that, I think he knows precisely the kind of grasp she has on him. I’m sensing something unselfish surfacing in him, like a devotional kind of love.

It’s not just about being drawn to her, it’s about the need to protect her. That’s why I used the word devotional. A lot of people will read this and think that’s just Elijah’s desire to be with her. I don’t think it’s as simple as that.