View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Fastbak
Banned

She died in 2009 at the age of 45. Natasha Richardson, who played the mother in the Parent Trap was the wife of Liam Neeson, and daughter of Vanessa Redgrave, her sister is Joely Richardson from Nip/Tuck and she leaves behind two young sons.

Reading Neeson's interview in Esquire Magazine a few months ago where he talks about it is nothing but sad:
Quote:
"But that's the weird thing about grief. You can't prepare for it. You think you're gonna cry and get it over with. You make those plans, but they never work."

"It hits you in the middle of the night — well, it hits me in the middle of the night. I'm out walking. I'm feeling quite content. And it's like suddenly, boom. It's like you've just done that in your chest." Here Neeson reaches out and twists both hands in opposite directions, like he's corkscrewing two ends of a soda can, reaches toward me so it's clear: This is in his chest. He shakes his head at the thought of this one thing, this single hideous bead on the necklace of his life. He speaks as if he were regarding its cruelty anew, though this too cannot be. He's too smart to feel singled out by what happened to his wife. Her death, with its painfully curious timeline — the simple fall, her apparent clearheadedness, followed by the swift, merciless brain hemorrhage? Brutal and extraordinary. Neeson's experience at the hospital — the mix-up at reception, the chaos of the ER, the arrival of the security guard? Vivid and, at the same time, banal. Just another hospital story; everyone has them. This doesn't mean they don't hurt. When he says, "It's just extraordinary," Neeson is referring to the persistent depth of pain, the ruinous visitations of grief, even now, two years later. That stuff is all his very own.

Last edited by Fastbak; 05-04-2011 at 11:50 PM