View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 05:17 AM
andsoitis
Ultimate Fan

"Oh who cares? Most people think he's guilty already. The diary talks about some big secret he's hiding from everyone. People will get the idea."
"You're keeping it in a safe place?"
"No, Tyler. I'm keeping it out on the coffee table. How stupid do you think I am?"
"Stupid enough to send Elena notes tipping her off."
There was a crackle, as of a newspaper. "Look at this, this is unbelievable. And it's got to stop, now. What if she figures out who's doing it?"
"What's she going to do about it, call the police?"
"I still want you to lay off. Just wait until Founders' Day, then you'll get to watch the Ice Princess melt."
"And to say ciao to Stefan. Tyler....nobody's really going to hurt him, are they?
"Who cares?" Tyler mocked her earlier tone. "You leave that to me and my friends, Caroline. You just do your part, okay?"
Caroline's voice dropped to a throaty murmur, "Convince me." After a pause Tyler chuckled.
There was movement, rustling sounds, a sigh.

~ The Vampire Diaries Book #2, "The Struggle"

Caroline Forbes and Tyler Smallwood were more alike than they probably would have liked to admit. They were both were selfish, stubborn, and spoiled teenagers. They probably wouldn't have interacted so much if it weren't for a common goal. They had a brief relationship spawned from convenience at the time, but that relationship had more consequences than they would have thought. It wasn't until later that Caroline found out she was pregnant, to which she blamed it on Matt, accusing him of 'rape', since Tyler was MIA (he had disappeared after the climatic showdown with Klaus). She decided that she had to have some kind of 'father' to explain this situation to her parents.

Caroline's pregnancy wasn't just an ordinary one. Unbeknownst to her she was carrying a litter because was Tyler Smallwood was not entirely human. He was a werewolf. However, it wasn't until the trial for 'rape' that Caroline turned into a werewolf herself. Whether or not Tyler returns to be a father to his pups is the million dollar question. Will he ultimately return to claim his family or will she have to go it alone...as she adjusts to her new werewolf status and to the fact that she will soon be giving birth to puppies.

“I knew that this year was going to be about Caroline and Tyler – that we were going to have the werewolf storyline. We set it up last year. We said we’re going to do it, so we had to deliver on it.” ~Kevin Williamson
“Tyler and Caroline have a long road ahead of them, for sure. Caroline is someone who gives pretty powerfully with her heart and her trust, and she feels like her friendship was betrayed, but on the other hand, Tyler feels exactly the same way. Here's a guy who isn't used to caring about people and who isn't used to people caring about him. So in a way, his betrayal hurts just as deep.” ~Julie Plec
“I think Tyler kisses Caroline because they’re close, and they’ve gone through this event, and they can both understand each other because they have this supernatural element to them. I think he wants to be with her, and he cares for her. She stayed there with him for as long as she could, and he knows that. I’d like to think he wants to have a relationship.” ~Michael Trevino
“What I like about the Caroline/Tyler relationship is that it’s the first time that we’ve seen Caroline have a friendship with a member of the opposite sex that didn’t stem from sexual attraction. So yeah, there could definitely be something later on, but that’s what’s so beautiful about their friendship. Yeah, there could be technical problems between a werewolf and a vampire getting together, but there are more important things that are going to be asked, just about their friendship: Do you have my back if I have your back?” ~Candice Accola
“She was the shallow blonde cheerleader and he was the bullying jock. Two seemingly superficial background characters that only had in common the social circles they ran in. In season one, it seemed like these two didn’t care much for each other. But in season two, these two ended up having a lot more in common than they thought when they both embarked on their own supernatural transformations. Scared and confused, these two found solace in each other and were comforted to know that they weren’t alone. As viewers began to see the commonalities between them, so did they and out of this blossomed a beautiful friendship, and if recent episodes are anything to go by, that’ll turn into something more.” ~Portrait Magazine, Top 10 Young TV Ships of 2011
“I love the potential for an unexpected bond between werewolf Tyler and vampire Caroline, two overpowering personalities that have actually been made vulnerable by becoming supernatural.” ~EW.com
“The idea of a vampire and werewolf is awesome – although kinky foreplay might kill Caroline, which could be an issue.” ~Daemon’s TV
“Caroline and Tyler — the least likely of romantic pairings, yet the frisson of electric chemistry is palpable. They are lost and lonely teenagers grappling with mystical abilities, curses, and death on a regular basis. If there was ever a time to bond over how weird life has gotten and finding someone who really understands exactly what that means, this is it. It remains to be seen if this pairing does turn romantic, but for now, just even the hint of it sends shivers down our spines. A vampire and a werewolf - definitely foreshadowing lots of tales of forbidden love.” ~TVWatchtower
“The chemistry between Tyler and Caroline burns. Whether they ever hook up or not, I just can't wait to see them spend more time on screen together. Candice Accola and Michael Trevino were some seriously hidden gems.” ~Zap2it
“Tyler and Caroline's bond gets deeper when she wants to help him deal with his first werewolf transition. They share meaningful glances while discussing Caroline's relationship problems. Way to play the understanding friend, Ty. Classic, and effective, courting move. It's touching when Caroline explains why she's making an effort to be there for Tyler in his very scary time of need. Matt interrupts, missing Caroline; but watch out, Human Lonely Boy — the Caroline and Tyler monster love storm is a-brewin', and you can't stop it.” ~BuzzSugar
“After waiting alone in the woods for hours, Caroline heads back into the cellar and calls Tyler’s name. He’s human again, so she immediately runs in and they collapse on the floor crying in each other’s arms. It’s really intense and sets up the stage for a deep bond, platonic and possibly more, between these two.” ~HollywoodCrush
“Tyler approaches Caroline at school—clearly seeing her in a different light. She is adorably proud of him for making it through the transformation. There’s lots of eye gazing and smiling. Heck, I’m even smiling.” ~TheTwoCents
“Tyler interrupts Caroline’s speech at this point, however, by kissing her. And she kisses him back, and it is HOT.” ~HeroineTV
I care, Caroline replied. Sadly, it was probably the first time Tyler has heard that in his life. It's no wonder that he kissed her after that. Caroline seemed pretty into to it, but then pulled away.” ~LA Times
“Caroline probably does love BOTH of them, but each one belongs to a different phase of her life. Matt's human, Tyler's a monster. It's almost like whoever she chooses, she's also choosing that aspect of herself to win out. I think that's a pretty sophisticated metaphor, and yeah Tyler is definitely the winner of the two.” ~TV.com
“I am totes on Team Tyler/Caroline. I would pay real money if they lasted like a billion years and had awesome adopted kids who knew not to go in the basement when Daddy’s a wolf and understand about Mommy’s dietary eccentricities.” ~Iphignia939
"We're busy laying a trail of Caroline-kiss flavored kibble, to tempt Ty back to Mystic Falls." ~TWOP

Last edited by andsoitis; 05-05-2011 at 03:35 PM