View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 08:28 AM
kristenjamaya
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
*starts singing* R.E.S.P.E.C.T
Sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, Respect, just a little bit. Just a little bit.

Now I need a kleenex to wipe the tears of laughter away.

Seriously though? I was so proud of Stefan last night. And Elena. This IS a relationship built on trust. Stefan trusts that she's gonna fight to protect others AND herself. I mean, that's what they agreed to after they left the lake house. He trusts that she's not going to give herself over to Klaus but in return they will have to work together (and that will mean trusting each other to do what they feel they gotta do) to figure this out. I mean remember when Stefan wanted to go find Isobel and Elena didn't want him to? He had to go do what he felt he had to and even though she wasn't comfortable with it? She supported him. It's what they do folks!

But back to this ep, every time Stefan called, she ANSWERED. She didn't ignore the call because she knows that if Stefan is going to have her back in this (which he does) he needs to be in on what's going on. I LOVE that. LOVVVVVE. SO MUCH.

Also? The way Elena was manhandled? No bueno. I understand that the intent may have been to protect her from herself but the execution was extremely troublesome to me. And, apparently to Stefan as well. Did you see the way Stefan was looking at the way she was being handled? Two shots I believe of his reaction to what was happening--neither of them looked like he was happy. And he was not having it. "Let her go." Whooo..that was good.

And the fight: What's funny to me is that this fight has been 19 episodes in the making.

To the respect line Stefan said to Damon: What I loved about what Stefan said was that it was the truth. He wasn't gonna argue with Damon over who loved her more or anything like that. He got to the core of who Elena was and told Damon that as much as he might love her, he has missed the essential aspects of her character--trust and respect. Damon's reaction proved that he was on the money. It was too much truth. And Damon knew it. Knew it to the bottom of his heart.

And, frankly, if you're gonna be all open and honest about how you would try to seduce my girl, then I'm gonna do you the favor of telling you why all your tricks won't work and help you not waste your time. Word.

PS:Stefan woke with quite a start didn't he? I love his concern for her..I could go on but I will stop. For now.

Last edited by kristenjamaya; 04-22-2011 at 08:49 AM