Visit their boards:

Nina Dobrev
Ian Somerhalder

"What makes you excited?"
"Nina."

"He makes light of every moment."

"Nina Dobrev is strikingly beautiful
and extraordinary talented."

Two people on separate journeys with the same destination.
No matter where their lives take them, or how much they resist, they keep being drawn to one another.
Their lives are endlessly entangled and full of parallels.
THAT is the intrigue of Damon and Elena for me.
The two are fascinating and strong as individuals, but when they come together everything just kicks up 1000 more notches.
I can’t think of any other pairing that can cover as much range in emotion and depth as these two.
Anything is possible for them.
They bring out each other’s best and worst in their eternal game of push and pull.
It’s a powerful thing between them that is as frightening as it is beautiful.
I’ve always been a fan of pairings who have a profound understanding where words are not needed.
Trust, honesty and understanding, these are the things these two thrive off of together and long for in all their relationships.
They’re real and on equal footing with each other no matter what.
From the start, Damon and Elena have been able to see right through each other.
There’s more to them than just the bad boy and good girl exterior, and they know that.
Because of it, they are able to be completely comfortable, in tune, and honest with each other but it also means they can also deliver the strongest heart wrenching blows to hurt each other as well.
There’s an edge of danger there, but if they’re open to it, it can be the most fulfilling thing ever.
Their journey is still only in its early stages, but I love every minute of it as it plays out.
Without a doubt, they’re on their way to becoming one of the most epic pairings of all time.
steph ~ (intoxicated dreamer)
Elena conjures up some very intense feelings for Damon
Ian Somerhalder
Damon and Elena are the heart and soul of VD.
What other couple could cause us to laugh until we fall out of chairs, bawl our eyes out, break our hearts and make us squee so many times in one episode?
It's barely been two seasons but we have already been through a roller coaster of emotions with these two.
They mean so much to each other, and to us, already, and we haven't even gotten a kiss yet!
Damon is inspired to be a better person for Elena, and Elena lets down her guard and becomes her true, fun self around Damon.
The necklace scene, the dance, Ted-DE, "I'll protect her," Damon's ILY, Eye DEx in every single episode- what is NOT to love about a couple that makes the wait so sweet?
DE never stop surprising us and we'll never stop loving that about them.
Elle ~ (Lelly)
"We should be able to talk about this, Damon.
We're close enough now.
"

Well, we made it.
These two lovely people that Stefan loves made the 1000th thread and FF posters can not be any more happier.
What i love about these two that makes me want to watch more is they are so loving and have such a great chemistry whether it be a romantic speech on saying how they love each other or a funny joke side they both have this spark that flies when they are on screen together.
The camera just loves to focus on them.
I especially love the lead up to their romance and found their friendship at first a rewarding thing for both of them as they both have something that the other one doesn't have.
Together they fit it a sign to know that it there and it's real.
E/D are my fav people to watch i can't wait for more scenes of their friendship and love.
Well done guys
Petra ~ (sethamgal)
Damon brings out her fun side. She can be herself with him
Nina Dobrev
What I love about Damon and Elena is their amazing chemistry.
It doesn’t matter if they are fighting, drinking, discussing serious stuff or just standing next to each other.
Every time they share a scene you can practically feel the fireworks flying around the room whenever they share a single glance.
They share this wordless connection, the infamous "understanding" for each other.
They get each other in a way, nobody else can or ever will - even though they may seem very different.
Elena managed to see Damon’s walls and masks that were built up to protect his broken heart.
He felt like he could trust her, when he trusted nobody else, and so he opened up to her, bared his soul and while doing so, helped her rediscover her own.
She was able to be herself again, to laugh and have fun for a change instead of having to deal with all the heavy stuff she’s been confronted with.
It seems to be natural, being around each other.
There’s no awkward silence, no need to lie to each other.
What they have is pure and real and I think its safe to say that they saved each other in more than just a literal way.
Even though their journey is only at the beginning, I know that they will go trough it together, no matter what happens between them.
Damon stepped back for her happiness, because he didn’t feel worthy of her, made her forget the probably most romantic and beautiful declaration of love, so she could be happy with his brother.
Their story is so epic and beautiful and I go trough every emotion possible while watching.
They make me laugh, they make me angry, they break my heart and put it back together again.
Someone once said that the greatest act of love is sacrifice, and I believe that
Jules ~ (unusual)

I’ve started shipping DE even before the first episode.
I decided, Ian’s character must get the girl!
But the truth is, I couldn’t be sure.
I didn’t know about their story or Ian and Nina’s chemistry.
Maybe that’s why I love them so much, and maybe that’s why they became one of my favorite ships ever, because they haven’t disappointed me.
There has been everything: chemistry, passion, and the most amazing build-up I’ve ever seen.
I couldn’t know that.
I couldn’t know, that after 30 episodes, we’d get so many scenes.
That we’d get scenes like that.
That we’d see different Damon, but not for the whole world.
Only for this one girl who is he in love with.
And when Damon falls in love, he falls for real.
For the next hundreds of years.
I was lucky with them.
They make me happy, they became part of my life, which probably shouldn’t happen to a normal person.
But I’m not normal and I’m glad.
I can share it with so many amazing people here.
I could go on, and write about other reasons why I love DE, but for them, words are not enough.
DE are something bigger and stronger, and the actions and feelings are the most important here, not words.
~ Mary (myys_PL)

I ship Damon and Elena because from day one they captivated me.
They were on fire, and all they did was introduce themselves.
I also ship them because Elena was the first character to truly treat Damon as a real person not just Stefan's bad boy older brother.
She saw him for who he really was, a lonely, hurt little boy.
Damon conversely fell for Elena BECAUSE her willingness to see past his faults.
They each yearn to be who they were before their lives changed, and when they are together they gain a piece of their former selves.
Elena and Damon bring out the best in each other.
They truly are TWIN FLAMES.
Marizza ~ (padfootsprincess02)

He’ll start to love and understand her as a human being, which is
ironic because Damon could typically give a s–t about anything
involving humanity. It’s some good stuff.
Julie Plec

"You have every right to hate me. I understand.
But you hated me before and we became friends...
"

It’s going to be interesting to see how he tries to remedy the
situation because once he lost Elena, I think he finally realized
how valuable she is to him. How much he loves her.
Nina Dobrev

When I first read about “Twin Flames”, I had no idea what it really meant.
What could this concept possibly have to do with the two?
But, as I observed Damon and Elena’s interactions throughout the episodes, I began to understand.
It’s the way they move fluidly together; it’s the way that they look at each other – soul-penetrating glances that speak volumes about the depth of their understanding of one another.
They share unspoken thoughts, words, and feelings through their eyes.
This fiery connection blows any normal relationship out of the water because there is nothing conventional about the way these two connect.
Elena is Damon’s sole link to humanity.
She gives him hope and understanding.
When they’re together, he strives to be a better person because she makes him want to sacrifice his selfish ways to keep her safe at all costs.
And Elena would never let anything happen to Damon because he’s wormed his way into her heart…because what they have is real, and when it’s real, neither of them can walk away.
Andrea ~ (safetywords)

There aren't enough words to explain the amazingness of this couple.
Heck, what they are now, what they've become and how they'll continue to develop can't even be explained with words.
You have to feel it.
This couple wouldn't be as half as amazing if it weren't for the actors that portray these characters.
Ian and Nina do such a great job and they have this smoldering chemistry that you can basically feel on your screen.
Whenever their eyes meet, there's fire.
What I love the most about Delena is that they aren't even one bit rushed.
Their build up is literally flawless and it makes you extremely intrigued to look forward to what's next in store for them.
They started off hating each other and there was banter that over the time grew in something bigger, something meaningful.
One cannot deny that there's ~something~ going on between them, these two have an understanding like no other.
Elena easily brings out the humanity of Damon, she helped him become a better person and watching the journey of these characters growing both individually and together is inexplicable.
It's the most beautiful thing on the show.
The build up so far has been perfect, yet their journey hasn't fully started yet.
Now you can only imagine how fanatic the rest of it will be.
~ Nat (iLoveChair)

When Damon first came back to Mystic Falls, he had no home, no friends and pretty much no feelings.
By meeting Elena Gilbert, he found himself a home, some friends, and emotions because this girl brought out the best of Damon by challenging him emotionally, and vice-versa.
Damon brings the real Elena out of her shell where she doesn’t wear a mask of a perfect girlfriend, sister or friend.
She has fire and fierceness
She is feisty and Damon is always pushing her limits, like he exactly knows what she is capable of.
Damon and Elena are so different yet so alike.
They both are strong, loyal and stubborn fighters.
They both understand each other like no one else can and Elena was right when she said they had something.
I don’t think right now, either of them is capable of discerning what that “something” is, but they both know it is a strong connection.
Cause whatever happens; she’ll always come back to him like he is always going to come back to her.
This is why, Damon and Elena are veritable Twin Flames.
~ Marie (x0x0gossipgirl)
I don't just want to throw them together tomorrow. I'd be sad. I want
to see the kiss, I want to see the sweaty palms, I want to see it all go down.
Kevin Williamson

I remember the first time I watched The Vampire Diaries. I downloaded the first episode, and it didn’t really hold my attention.
So I gave up on it and didn’t give it a second thought until right after the season 1 finale.
I was hearing some really great things about it and I couldn’t believe it was the same show.
Since it was the summer and all my other shows had ended, I decided to give TVD one more shot, and I haven’t looked back since;
This can be greatly attributed to Ian and Nina and the wonderful characters they have brought to life.
Whether they are acquaintances, enemies, or have a tentative understanding;
Whether they are friends, hate or love each other, or whatever the case may be, I wouldn’t change one thing about the journey they have created for themselves.
It’s just amazing to think about how far they’ve come from those very first episodes.
Damon was at the end of unrequited love with another and probably wouldn’t have hesitated to put Elena in harm’s way if it advanced his own agenda.
To Elena, Damon was Stefan’s brother, and was someone to be feared and tolerated at best.
Now Elena is the girl that Damon loves, whose body and heart he’ll protect at all costs, even if it means sacrificing his own happiness in the process.
And their story together has just truly begun.
Now that is EPIC.
~ Ashley (~Trick~)

"Going after Elena? Bad move.
You leave her alone or I'll rip you to bits.
"
Damon and Elena have so many amazing qualities that it's hard to pinpoint only several, but their unmatchable chemistry probably stands out most.
Every time they have a scene together, your attention is solely focused on them.
These two have the most amazing scenes together with their emotions so high that it almost makes you feel what they feel.
They bring out the best in each other, which is just lovely to witness.
Damon brings out the fun, less serious, but also focused and passionate side of Elena while Elena brings out the humanity in Damon.
She is his humanity.
She was the only person who was able to bring him out of his century and a half long obsession and she's the only person he shows his vulnerability to.
Every moment between these two is beautiful and the scenes to come are undoubtedly going to be amazing.
Though they have hit rock bottom in the past, they will most likely come out stronger than ever in the end.
Hopefully in the arms of each other.
You know it's true love when you would give up even your own happiness if the other could be happy, and that's exactly what Damon did.
These two are meant to be.
They're twin flames, and they will conquer all.
~ Lizy (tsforever)

Something about her reminds Damon of something that was
very important in his life, and that's why you see a bit of difference
with him when he's around her.
Ian Somerhalder
Damon and Elena…
God, I love everything about them!
I love their chemistry- so strong, so pure, so real.
I love how Elena is the only one able to bring out Damon’s humanity.
I love how he would do everything just to keep her safe (even sacrifice his love for her).
I love how they understand each other in a way that no one else does.
I love… everything!
For the past months they have become an inseparable part of my life and I can honestly say that I can’t live without them.
Damon and Elena forever in my ♥!
~ Elena (TwoWorldsCollide4)

"But you can trust me."

A girl always likes to be kept on her toes so an unpredictable
bad boy is always sexy
Nina Dobrev
I love Damon/Elena because she makes him feel things that no one else has ever done.
She brings out the best in him, his humanity.
And He makes her laugh and knows how to make her listen, they understand each other in a way no one else can possibly can.
What started out as revenge for him led to love, to caring....
to everything he thought he could never have again.
~ Sara (NBalways)
Simply put, Damon and Elena are perfect for each other.
They bring out the best in each other: Damon shows his humanity when he's with Elena and Elena has fun and enjoys life more when she's with Damon.
They take each others advice, protect each other, agree and disagree with each other,
save each other, go along with each others plans, check each other out, have fun and have fights,
tackle difficult situations, call on each other when needed, look gorgeous when they dance together and most of all,
their feelings for each other grow more and more with each passing day.
I can't wait to see the moment where Damon and Elena finally both realize how much they love each, it will take time but they are worth the wait. Damon and Elena are definitely my favorite pairing of the last year and their story is truly just beginning to take flight!
~ Kem (naturellebella)
I absolutely adore the relationship we've seen so far of Damon/Elena.
The cat and mouse game has been done before but Nina and Ian give it this new fresh twist with their amazing chemistry.
I'm so excited to see what's to come between these two, because I'm sure whatever it is, it'll be amazing.
I feel like in the long run this couple is going to come down as one of the most epic couples of all time.
They are definitely worthy of the title.
TEAM Damon/Elena FTWWW!
~ Nadia (Queen Bee)
"There’s something going on between us,
and you know it.
"
Meanwhile, you have this evil brother who, you know, claims
he has no humanity left. But then there's Elena who keeps
pointing to it.
Kevin Williamson
It's impossible to convey exactly what Damon&Elena are in simple words.
You have to watch them to really feel it, you have to take each moment and put them all together to really feel the effects of them.
They are above and beyond anything before.
I have had OTP's, but nothing compares to the craziness that Damon&Elena bring out of me.
It started with the most obvious thing: Chemistry.
It's undeniable.
Ian and Nina just have this pure, natural chemistry that makes their scenes come alive.
Their eyes meet and you can practically see the sparks.
They obliterate the others personal space and you feel the heat burning through your screen.
And the slightest touch between them makes my heart race.
They are that damn powerful.
Add to that, the story between them and the way their characters compliment each other, and you have perfection.
They truly are Twin Flames.
They are fiery, passionate and they act from their hearts.
They make mistakes but they are ultimately motivated by love.
Elena hated him.
Damon saw her as a pawn in his game.
But she affected him.
She became his humanity over the course of a slow build.
She pushed him and he responded by trying to be better.
But only for her.
Always for her.

We have watched them grow at a steady, natural pace.
And we will continue to do so.
Whatever happens between these two in the future.
They are my ultimate OTP and nothing will ever tear me away from them!
~ Nat (foxyfreds)

Song list
1 OneRepublic: Say (All I Need) (1x01)
1 Moby: Temptation (1x03)
3 Sofi Bonde: Fallout (1x04)
4 Sanders Bohlke: The Weight of Us (1x07)
5 Florence + The Machine: Cosmic Love (1x11)
6 Editors: An End Has a Start (1x11)
7 The Dandelions: On a Mission (1x11)
8 Julian Casablancas: Out of the Blue (1x11)
9 Paramore: Brick By Boring Brick (1x18)
10 Coldplay: Clocks (1x19)
11 Within Temptation: All I Need (1x19)
12 OneRepublic: MarchinOn (1x20)
13 Lifehouse: It Is What It Is (1x22)
14 Stateless: Bloodstream (1x22)
15 The Script: Breakeven (2x01)
16 OneRepublic & Sara Bareilles: Come Home (2x01)
17 Lifehouse: In Your Skin (2x03)
18 A Fine Frenzy: Ashes and Wine (2x03)
19. Kris Allen: I Need To Know (2x05)
20. Athlete: Wires (2x06)
21. Sleeperstar: I Was Wrong (2x08)
22. No Way Out: Rie Sinclair and Mike Suby (2x10)
23. Hurts: Stay (2x13)
24. Ryan Star: Losing Your Memory (2x13)

{click for bigger versions)

+ Please PM ♥ Laura ♥ to DOWNLOAD SOUNDTRACK +

ღ ღ ღ