View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 01:28 PM
necklace
Extreme Fan

I just wanted to adress something from the previous thread

Quote:
But the contradiction is that, fine, if she wanted Declan back... then why didn't she take him back in LL? Wasn't he ready to re-enroll in Degrassi and everything? That's what doesn't make sense. The opportunity was right there and not only did she not waver in her fidelity to Sav at that point (as much as the writers are trying to push this revisionist history now), she flat-out rejected him over... and over... and over. And ran away from him. And avoided him. It's true that she and Sav never established a long-term relationship. They're casual even now. And maybe that's all they were ever meant to be (I don't think so, but for argument's sake) -- but how does Declan re-enter the picture?! That's what I really don't get.
I said that I think the writers made it obvious that Holly J had feelings for Declan not that she wanted him back. It's possible to feel strongly about somebody but not wanting to actually be with them. I think that when Holly J broke up with Declan in Try Honesty, she really didn't plan on getting back together before they met in Yale once again. I think she needed to figure out some things on her own and she couldn't do it, while she was in a serious relationship. Having fun with Sav never got in the way of that, because she didn't have stronger feelings about him. I won't to venture further into the Savvy J territory, I don't want to upset their fans. This is simply the impression I got out of this storyline.

I guess that we will probably get Dolly J mentions in the next episode, it wouldn't have made sense to have Holly J mention him at all in Chasing Pavements. But we'll probably never hear about them again after season 10 ends. I think that's good since I really do not want to think about the mess that writers created with this plot. Them being together would send the most awful message.
necklace is offline   Reply With Quote