View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Hamburgo1001
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I do get your points. It's too soapy for my tastes, especially when we consider the way ERica already hooked up with Hobbes.
Absolutely. I find the whole thing ridiculous. If Erica hooks up with Jack next season, which seems to be very likely, she will have went from kissing and making eyes at Joe to having sex with Hobbes and then to getting it on with Jack all within a span of 5-15 episodes. That might translate to 2 or 3 weeks in show continuity. Not that this is an unexpected development, but it still pains me to see her story getting turned into such a cheap and pointless soap opera and it kinda makes you wonder what other nonsense they might still have in store for her character in the future.

Quote:
It gets to me because now there won't be anything distinctive that sets Jack apart from the other characters if he goes all 'military commando' along with ERica.
Yeah, I know. It's obvious that come season 3, there will be nothing left of the Jack character that we were originally introduced to except for the name and his looks. We are looking at a full on reinvention of a character here.

ETA:

I just found this:

Quote:
Elizabeth Mitchell: Joel said something wonderful to me. He goes, “You know, I’m pretty good at that stuff.” There’s a scene that we shot but they never showed where Father Jack moves in and he just gets really close. He looks at her and she’s like whoa, okay. We shot it and it was really fun but what you have mainly is he’s a guy, he’s a man. You have him coming in and me being all like yeah, whatever, come on in. He gets a little close and I’m like [giggling], “I’m sorry, this is awesome. Do it again.” So there’s got to be something there. We had far more romantic tension scenes and they’re all cut so they should be on the DVD somewhere.

http://www.craveonline.com/tv/interv...-on-v-season-3
Please don't tell me that at the beginning of the finale, Hobbes was still sleeping in Erica's bed and by the end of the finale, Jack had moved in with her and we only didn't get to see it because the scene was cut. If that's the case this show and Erica's arc have definitely entered full blown soap opera territory. I'm not even sure that daytime soaps are this bad, to be honest.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-07-2011 at 03:54 PM