View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Chastidy
Elite Fan

Hey please add me. I love these two. They're my OTP of the show. I hated them in the original but they way they've written them on the remake is just... .

Do you guys post on the Shameless thread on the tv board? Here are some of my thought that I've posted on them on my finale post

Quote:
Did not see the Eddie death coming at all. It actually really saddened me if I'm honest. Eddie was a douchebag but there was something about him that I found to be very sympathetic. I know his treatment of Karen and Sheila was wrong but... I don't know, maybe it's just the actor but when he saw that tape for the first time, or again when he caught his workmates watching it - his face.. I just, I don't know, I can't explain it but you could tell that Karen broke him.

That being said, I don't hate Karen either. I think that she's a very messed up girl who just lost her way completely. I think when Eddie humiliated her, something switched off within her. At first she was angry but when Lip confirmed her wh*re status (not even meaning to hurt her), her self loathing and anger caused her to turn off all her emotions if you get me. What she did with Frank was her reaching the lowest point of the destruction spiral and I think her guilt began to seep through straight away. It really came through when Lip apoligised and told her that he loved her during sex - I think that moment (which was arguably the most heart wrenching of the finale for me) as well as her seeing her mother fussing over a battered Frank brought it home for her in that by wanting to destroy the one person who made her feel worthless, she had ultimately destroyed the two people that cared for her the most. I'm glad that she went to Lip and they ended the season on the same page. We were never given much of a resolution in the UK version which was disappointing and in that version neither Lip or Karen were as compelling as individuals or a couple. I would love to see them carry on into S2 but it's hard to say if it's possible. Given how Karen's complicated relationship with her father, I think her knowledge of his suicide will only serve to destroy her more. She's clearly a very damaged girl who needs help. Depending on where next season picks up (and whether the actress who's starring in a CW pilot will be back) will determine how she copes. Either way, I can't see her and Lip being able to go back to how they were. I hope that they'll still be a main point of next season though as I think that both characters have complimented each other so well all season.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Chastidy is offline   Reply With Quote