View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 06:01 PM
jules166
Master Fan

And if you think about it, they weren't an "actual" couple in this season. So in season 2, it could be a new start for them because they would be an official "exclusive" couple this time.

I think the reason why Lip was able to forgive Karen is because he knows exactly what she was going through. I mean, Lip's father is an alcoholic. Her father keeps trying to change her and NEVER accepts her. Lip's mother abandoned him. And her mother is unable to leave the house due to her phobias.

So they BOTH have huge parental issues. But Lip has support in his siblings. Karen does not. Which I think is why she kinda lost it. And yet, both Lip and Karen find support and understanding in each other. They are TRULY best friends. I mean, he wants for her to go everywhere with him. He told her that he loves her. She helped get him more students who would pay for him to take tests. So they help each other. And well, his reaction was total sadness when she tried to break up with him. And she ONLY did that because she loves him and knew he would be majorly hurt once he found out about Frank.

I just love that she went to his house and sat there waiting for him in tears. That was a big emotional risk. And I like that she apologized to him. And also, earlier, he had apologized to her for calling her a "whore." They both take the responsibility for their actions and mistakes and they apologize for them. They don't ever blame anyone else.

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
jules166 is offline   Reply With Quote