View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 02:26 PM
sofiab
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Blake Lively Talks Green Lantern; Would Love To Play Star Sapphire!

Speaking to The Los Angeles Times: Hero Complex, the actress shares her thoughts on the relationship between Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris and says that she'd love the chance to bring Star Sapphire to the big screen...
Here's what the 23-year-old actress had to say in an interview with Hero Complex at the 2011 CinemaCon Awards held at Pure in Caesars Palace on Thursday in Las Vegas.

"It’s intimidating, because it’s a movie that has so much money and so many stakes — so many people are so invested in it. But what made me want the role that much more is that my character is a strong, militant, powerful woman who really challenges Hal. They’re rivals and are always butting heads. She comes in and says, ‘Men are weak too.’ It was just a really special female counterpart in a superhero film."

"In this film, Carol is completely human and on earth. But she turns into a villain in the later comics, so potentially if it became a franchise I’d get to explore that, which would be so much fun. I would love that. What you don’t see [in this film] is when they’re kids. They’re each other’s first loves. Where the movie picks up, they’re ex-lovers. So there is that tension — that rivalry — but also that love. They’re each other’s soulmates."

With an all star cast which includes Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan, Blake Lively as Carol Ferris and Mark Strong as Sinestro, director Martin Campbell's Green Lantern is set to be released in 3D on June 17, later this year!
Blake Lively Talks Green Lantern; Would Love To Play Star Sapphire!