View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 03:54 PM
PaperGirl
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance_Lovely (View Post)
Whoa! This threads been really busy. I have yet to see all the videos of past performances.

But my top 3 would be: DW, VM, and NF. I agree with Truly that there will most likely be a very close call between 1st and 2nd, and 3rd and 4th, but a wide gap in between 1-2 and 3-4. I also agree with placing WP around the 8th mark. I love their SD so much (very elegant), but their FD really doesn't make me jump for joy. I'm not all that impressed with some of their lifts (especially the weird one where Kaitlyn is straight as a board), and I think the biggest turnoff for me is their music choice and how they've pieced it together. So sad, because I really, really like this team.

To go back a few posts, people will always have ever changing goals. And just because I say one thing today, or that the place I work in today, doesn't mean that I'll be here forever, doing the same thing, and/or that I don't have an artistic bone in my body. Quite the opposite. Out of my entire family (extended included) I am the most artistic and the only one who has expressed interest in those areas (most went into engineering or business). However, while I greatly appreciate art and if I was to do my life over again, I would be a pastry chef with my own bakery, ballerina or an ice dancer (who started very young, not at 23, lol), I have found that my organic (nice word choice Kris) ability is being meticulous and driven. Because of this I have found that I have been best suited for jobs in the Administrative field. While I didn't go to school to become an Administrator, it's what my innate skills have found a niche in. I now run a company. people grow up, lives change, career goals change. And it's expected when you enter a relationship of the pair or dance team. These are two people, rather than one singular person. Which also is a testament to how strong both DW and VM's relationships are, since most dance teams don't last that long togeher. But anyways, who says you can't be artistic, love to ice skate and have a job in a challenging field? I think if Tessa wants to do law school, she will. Like I'll always continue to say, if you really love something, you will make the time for it.

I second that. Anyone know how to reply to multiple posts in one reply?

Also, IDK why it is that VM's skating, no matter what it is has this quality that is such a joy to watch. I mean, it's taken me a looooong time to even look at other dance teams for more than 5 seconds. I can understand why some people call dance "boring", but with VM, they just bring it to a whole new level. I really appreciate/respect them for that. They make ice dance exciting since most people are looking for the jumps and throws.
Reposting so everyone can see last post. I can also change the title
Mary ♔ Francis