View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Hamburgo1001
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I know, agreed. Unfortunately, there's not much to be said for proper character development on this show. If I had to parallel it to something, the writing quality/material would be equivalent to watching a 'B' rated movie, and even that, is giving some leeway. Because at least B rated movies sometimes make more sense in their direction, even if poorly executed.
Sad but true. Erica's character arc wasn't ideal in season 1, but I thought it had a very nice balance to it. She had her positive interactions with V's like Ryan and Joshua and we saw the beginnings of her relationship with Lisa. It provided a very good counter-point to her more negative interactions with Dale, Malik, Marcus and Anna. But in season 2 that balance was completely shot to hell. All her positive human/V interactions were dismantled and the V's ended up destroying every little part of her life. Like I said before, if Erica were a boat she definitely would have capsized after episode 6 already. Maybe even a little bit earlier.