View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Cristofle
Fan Forum Star

And I don't even know how to feel about what we're doing in Libya. I AM glad we're not sending in ground troops, because I just don't think we can afford to start a mess like that when we have military operations of such measure in Iraq and Afghanistan as it is. And I mean, we ain't never fully leaving Iraq, lol. We still have military based in GERMANY. For what amounts to "for old times' sake" (granted, the military people I've known in my life were thrilled to get stationed there the last 20-30 years because it's basically a cake assignment, lol). I don't know if we should have gotten involved in these air strikes or if it will be enough to bring Gaddafi down (and I DO think he needs to be taken down. This guy is clearly insane and has no business running an entire country). I don't know exactly how we decide which country we're going to help, and on which side (I mean, I'm sure it involves who our allies are, but our country is often in bed with people who make me uncomfortable, and that includes the Saudi government). I guess at least the Libyan rebels seem to want our help- no one wanted our help in Iraq and we had no business invading their country and we did anyway.