View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 06:53 AM
Gleebo
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReachOut
I believe either Jason Bateman or Zach Braff deserve it, and I’m ecstatic that its up for "Best Comedy" again this year, although I do hope Scrubs is awarded it...Sorry.

My only small nit/pick is why Jeffrey Tambor was nominated for "Supporting Actor In A Comedy", who had very little screen time this Season, when compared to Will Arnett or David Cross. Given, Tambor did an amazing job playing both George Sr. and Oscar Bluth, but I believe that Arnett and Cross played far more entertaining and challenging roles.

But i guess any Arrested Development nomination is a positive one, so I’m not complaining.
I agree....I love that Tambor gets nominated because he deserves it for his split role of Oscar/George but it goes to show you what we already knew about the awards community. It is based on names familiar to a group of people who nominates who would rather have root canals daily than to nominate a fresh new face. Thank god they recognized our show and some of the actors but its hard to not think they aren't just throwing Tambors name out there because they know it over the others.

I think the nominations of Zach Braff and Jason Bateman are signs of a change in the future perhaps some of the old stuffy guys are dying off and being replaced by younger hipper nominators that know quality over name recognition. There still must be plenty of 68 year olds in that group that for some reason love Will & Grace...still.