View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 07:08 AM
stuckin1977
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
From a recent interview to promote the season finale of V.

411mania.com - Interviews: Elizabeth Mitchell

Even though her love life is something that's not really our business...

Some people were judging her like she had killed someone.

So, maybe it will end all the weird judgement she got just because of that NY video with Charles Mesure.

Quote:
Elizabeth Mitchell: Not very much time and not many. Josh and I had shorthand for emotion with at that point. I get very close with the people I have to have an on-screen love relationship with. I don't know any other way to do it than to just trust them completely and with Josh, by that time, I did just love him. I'm really lucky because my husband just loves him, too. It's not a physical love, I really just love him and trust him, and putting my arms around him and holding him is very, very easy to do on an emotional level. Of course, he's not hard to look at, either, so there

That interview and her answer to that question stood out for me, too. It seems like a very subtle attempt to address the speculation about Charles but within the context of a safer example being JH. I do wish interviewers had the balls to just ask the tough questions though. Elizabeth doesn't have to answer them but the interviewers could say "I asked her about the rumors and she preferred not to discuss it." Choosing a career that puts one in the public eye and engaging in public actions that result in pictures or speculation makes tough questions fair game, IMO.

Having said that, and, perhaps it is naive to believe, but maybe the video with Charles was over speculated? We now know CJ was with her in NY and someone would have been watching him when she was out that day. In the past, it's been Chris and I've never heard any mention of a nanny so maybe he was there, too. There are some people who are very physical (in a touchy feely way) with others within platonic boundaries. With the other things we speculated on beyond what we saw in the video, it doesn't seem likely but, who knows, maybe we were wrong? I wrote before that I couldn't judge Liz even if there was a relationship with Charles and I still feel that way.