View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 08:45 AM
same old story
Fan Forum Star

Oh, I hope they put the extended cut online after! Though I'm sure I wouldn't be allowed to watch it, since I'm in Canada. But surely someone would rip it!

Quote:
I just said hello to this show about 3 months ago and now it's time to say goodbye already. Because I watched all the episodes back to back and just a little while ago, I know I don't have the same emotional attachment as I'm sure most of you here have, but as great as not having to wait for new episodes and seasons was, I wish I would have discovered the show from the beginning so I could have experienced it with all of you.

I will say that this is one of the best shows I've seen, especially of this genre, in portraying relatable and authentic friendships among all the characters, despite the (sometimes very) diverse characteristics of each. I find Cappie's friendship with Dale as realistic as his friendship with Rusty or Beaver, for instance. And although there is a romantic pairing I favor, I don't need to see that pairing featured in an episode for that episode to be enjoyable because I genuinely like all of the main characters (and most of the guest characters) and their interactions with each other.

I'm very sad to see the show end, but glad that they knew it was ending so that the last episode could be a true series finale. I've managed to stay away from spoilers but have heard that the finale won't disappoint, so am very much looking forward to it.

Brit, your video posted in the opening is great and a beautiful tribute to the show.
I was the same way with Lost. I marathoned it like a week or two before the finale aired. And actually spoiled myself for the finale while watching S1. But yes, one of my favorite things about this show is that they find a way to have almost every character interact with each other at some point, and they almost all have a relationship of some kind with each other, and it doesn't come off as contrived at all. And they don't try to fake relationships between people either - like them acknowledge that Calvin and Casey don't know each other at all, despite both of their close relationships with Rusty and Ashleigh.

I don't even want to imagine if we hadn't gotten this chapter after the campaigning, how we would have gotten that alternate flashforward ending, with Rusty ending up with Dana, and a bunch of other horrible things. So, so glad this season happened for a number of reasons.

And thanks so much!