View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Bandbabe
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD9999 (View Post)
^
YES! So true. And it doesn't help that he has hardly ever appeared independently from eclare.
Yea, that totally bugs me! This is one of the reasons "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself" is my 2nd fave episode of season 10! It wasn't relationship based! You got to see Sav and Eli sans relationship drama, which is exceeding rare!

I wish they would have developed the budding Sav/Eli/Adam friendship. It would have been epic and given Sav something to do other than run headlong into another relationship! And we could have seen more side to Eli, other than how Clare views him. Ugh. At this point I'd settle for more Eli/Adam friendship scenes. One where they're not talking about a girl (don't they have a shared love of comics? Let's see them head to the comic shop or a convention. Come on writers! Be original for once!).

They need to SHOW Eli's characterization and backstory. Right now he's feels like a Gary Stu (male Mary Sue). It's ridiculous. I just watched the sneak peak for the March episode, and as much as I want to like eClare, I can only handle them in small doses. When they have an A plot they irritate me. I found Klare's interactions (in s8 & 9) way more adorable and endearing then I find eClare's banter on the show.

Argh!!! End rant.

My fics: Fadam / Badam / Rebel