View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 03:44 AM
Stay to the Lights
Fan Forum Star

^I get what your saying, and I feel horrible that it was taken away from her. And we may never know what her endgame was going to be. Going from an email, she didn't know WHO would end up with whom as she expected more books to explore the characters.
Some say could have been DE and some say DB, considering it wasn't just DE the publishers had a problem with. She had to fight to keep Bonnie and the DB scenes in Midnight.. as they didn't want Bonnie to have as much screentime.

I very doubt the whole endgame thing was the only reason she was fired. I'd imagine it probably had something to do with the whole The Return trilogy as a whole.
They had apparantly been disagreeing a lot, and I guess it got to a point where they could not agree. Sure, they should have had faith in her.. but we never can understand the POV of the publishers.. and might never will.

And I can understand that some people may decide not to read the other trilogy based on loyalty toward LJS or how it might be disrespect to the series.
I myself, am just not judgng something until I read it myself. It may not be the same, that much is true, but it doesn't mean it can't be good in its own right.

I'm just gonna wait and see. I'm an optimistic by nature and I like to see things for myself before judging.

I personally think she should have stopped after book 4, where it ended on a good note.
Even for those people who will consider Midnight to be the last book that they'll ever read, at least, I suppose it could be given as a good last book.. as it gives something for each pairing.