View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Movietime Blues
Elite Fan

More on the reshuffling of Comcast and NBC Sports: New Boss TeesUp Changes At Golf Channel - 2011-02-04 19:58:48 | Broadcasting & Cable
Exclusive: Comcast, NBCU Net Affiliate Units Merging - 2011-02-04 19:47:46 | Multichannel News
Comcast Names Mark Lazarus President-NBC Sports Cable Group - Advertising Age - MediaWorks
NBC Sports veteran McCarley tabbed to head Golf Channel - Golf News - Golf News & Articles | Golf Channel
Comcast's Versus network will stay in Philadelphia - Philly.com
Ebersol Starts To Reshape Sports At Comcast - NYTimes.com
Cross-Promotion Activities In Play As Comcast Takes Control Of NBCU - 2011-01-30 12:29:04 | Multichannel News
Litner, McCarley Ascend In NBC Sports Group Restructuring - 2011-02-02 16:59:58 | Multichannel News

That's about it for articles on the development.

Now here's the situation: Versus has the NHL, but no MLB, no NFL (T.Ocho show doesn't count), no NBA (they show the D-League) and none of the emerging soccer programming. The Tour de France is their other major sports programming that they have.

If I were doing strategy, I would be working to get the MLB and NBA back to the NBC family as soon as they become available. Versus does give NBC a better channel to show Olympics coverage. However, I think that the MLS and World Cup could be had for the right price, if they are willing to jump into it for real.

In the other news, ESPN had finally passed 100 million homes, with ESPN2 not far behind: ThisWeek — January 31, 2011 | ESPN MediaZone

Last edited by Movietime Blues; 02-04-2011 at 05:39 PM
Movietime Blues is offline   Reply With Quote