View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 09:56 AM
~ayumi~
Elite Fan

Erica Evans Spoilers & Speculations #7: We've got 6 more episodes to figure this all out!

Welcome to the Erica Evans Spoilers & Speculations Thread

Any news about Elizabeth on V playing Erica Evans should be posted here

"V" Spoiler Summary

Episode 2x10 (Mother's Day)

Episode 2x09 (Devil in a Blue Dress)

Pictures of Morris and Laura filming in front of the green screen with Jane Badler (Source)

November 17/18 filming:
- "V" built huge ConcordiaNYC set by Olympic Village. Elizabeth Mitchell et al.
- "V" filming again tonight (Nov18) on huge ConcordiaNYC construction set by Cambie Bridge/Olympic Village via NHorsley
- Thx. The set is amazing to see all lit up but it's so big you can't get close enough to take good photos. That's my excuse

Susan Gittins

Photos of Elizabeth, Charles, Morris and Joel filming on location on November 17 (Laura Vandervoort on set too) | Photos Part 2 | Photos Part 3

We're filming the 9th episode of Season 2 right now... think Blue Energy gone wild.
Twitter / V on ABC: We're filming the 9th epis ...

November 16 filming:
- Happy that "V" cast in Vancouver for another 2 weeks. Filming in & around CBC today/Tuesday (Nov 15/16)
- Missed it but Elizabeth Mitchell, Laura Vandervoot, Charles Mesure, Morris Chestnut filmed "V" car scene outside CBC this am #yvrshoots
- "V" not done but they're inside CBC in studio they rent regularly so unlikely to see them tonight. Crew tent on Cambie best bet

Susan Gittins
- watching Morris Chestnut arrive for film shoot across the street from Next Level Games in #Vancouver
Tim Lewinson

Photos of Liz, Laura, Morris and Charles filming on location on November 16

RT: @hildrethmark: Close to finishing the 2nd season of "V". Had a good scene with the very talented Morris Chestnut today.
Twitter / Sergi Cabanes: RT: @hildrethmark: Close t ...

Just read Ep number 9 . It is so good I got chills x
Twitter / Jane Badler: Season begins Jan 4 Just r ...

Episode 2x08 (Uneasy Lies the Head)

Elizabeth and Charles filming on location on November 5

Episode 2x07 (Birth Pangs)

Episode #7 of the new season takes Erica and Hobbes on a trip to Tokyo, where they encounter Fifth Column operatives in Japan.
The Fifth Column: World Tour | VisitorSite.net

Episode 2x06 (Siege)

October 20 filming:
Saw Elizabeth Mitchell and Zak Santiago leaving the #V set.
Twitter / Canadagraphs : Saw Elizabeth Mitchell and ...

We're going to learn something in the sixth or seventh episode of the season that has to do with gender."
V: Diana Revealed! - TV News at IGN

Episode 2x05 (Concordia)

For example, in the episode we shot last week, Anna is throwing a big gala in New York City and each of our characters is bouncing off that gala in some form or another."
Behind the scenes of V's 'louder, bolder and faster' 2nd season | Blastr

Morena Baccarin "worked with" a 14" white rat the other day
Matt Mitovich (MattMitovich) on Twitter

September 30 filming:
- V is setting up for filming in the concourse at VPL today. There are metal detectors, stage, and police barricades props. The library is dressed up a bit for the filming.
- Filming will happen this evening and tomorrow night, too.

V Filming - HNR Forums - The Hollywood North Report Message Boards

An aerial view of the hit ABC primetime sci-fi series V filming a protest scene at the Vancouver Public Library, for one of the episodes in Season 2 of the series. V is one of the many major American network shows that film in Vancouver, Canada. Luckily for the producers, they are filming in Vancouver and finding a dozen or so professional protesters ready to support any cause was no problem at all. The protesters, chanting the slogan "V's GO HOME!" were being led by Father Jack Landry (Joel Gretsch), and appeared to be interrupting some sort of glitzy gala, where everyone, including Anna (Morena Baccarin), Erica (Elizabeth Mitchell), and Tyler (Logan Huffman) was dressed up and partying the night away. The FOX hit show Fringe also films at the Vancouver Public Library quite frequently.
This particular scene was filmed between the hours of 11PM and 5AM.
Flickr: s.yume's Photostream

Gala Shoot Photos Part I Photos Part II | Photos Part III

Set photos of Elizabeth, Logan, Laura and Nicholas Lea filming on location at the CBC building on September 29

September 29 filming:
- In a Vancouver alley.. the priest "Jack" & mom "Erica" having a heated convo..
- "Ryan" has an xchnge w/ a biz man who has smthng in trunk...
- VFI filming set signs central park across from science world =)

Photo I (Elizabeth & Joel) | Photo II (Morris & Oded Fehr) | Photos Part III (Elizabeth & Joel, Morris & Oded Fehr)

I can report that they are definitely making new episodes. The church they use for those scenes is in my neighbourhood, and they were there this morning setting up for filming a new episode. I talked to one of the crew and he said they've recently been given the go-ahead for new episodes.
IMDB

Episode 2x04 (Unholy Alliance)

Picture of Morris Chestnut and Morena Baccarin filming in front of the green screen

Will Jane Badler do anything that could out-gross Diana’s eating of a rat in the original show? “Actually, tonight I’m doing something pretty gross,” Badler teases, holding back from revealing any details.
Interview: Jane Badler Talks About Her Return To V | KSiteTV

September 22 filming:
- Are Vs (aliens) infiltrating Catholic Church on V?
- Turns out they were Catholic priests, Cardinals & Bishops you saw.
- Vancouver's Shannon Mews Mansion turned into Vatican today for visit from Anna (V Queen) Cardinal Extra
- Morena Baccarin (Anna) & Scott Wolf on set too but didn't see them

Susan Gittins (susangittins) on Twitter

Photos Part I | Photos Part II

September 21 filming:
Elizabeth Mitchell & Logan Huffman (her V series son) filmed outside 1 of CBC's TV Towers with people-hanging-upside-down stunts and lots of V extras, but I missed it. Crew packing up by the time I found out about it.

Set Photo CBC's TV Tower (no actors)

In the new season's fourth episode, a Visitor ship will land in St. Peter's Square in Italy, and the story will take characters from the series to the Vatican.
The Fifth Column: World Tour | VisitorSite.net

Episode 2x03 (Laid Bare)

Erica learns her partner, Malik, is a Visitor and must fight for her life - literally - to stop Anna from finding out she's Fifth Column. Meanwhile, Anna learns that Malik is missing and orders Ryan to find her, while Lisa realizes her body is beginning to change, causing her to become more and more like her mother
Official ABC Press Release

Sneak Peek 1 | Sneak Peek 2

Promotional Photos (HQ)

Morena at Dragon-Con: We'll get to see a full on lizard sans human skin by the third ep. (source). She was also asked about eating rodents and hinted at it by saying that she recently had a "difficult day at work." (source)

Set pictures of Liz and Morris filming on September 10 | one more

Episode 2x02 (Serpent's Tooth)

Anna and Diana square off in the dark bowels of the Mothership - Diana has been down there for 15 years and not had a single glimpse of Anna. Meanwhile, Erica has Tyler's blood analyzed, and learns the V's did something sinister to her when she was pregnant with him.

Promotional Photos 1 (MQ) | Promotional Photos 1 (HQ) | Promotional Photos 2 (MQ) | Promotional Photos 2(HQ)

Steve Shill is directing.
Twitter / Gregg Hurwitz: Big congrats to Steve Shil ...

Set photos from Sep. 1 - Liz, Charles, Rekha Sharma, Herbert Duncanson | More on location pics (South False Creek) from Sep. 1

Episode 2x01 (Red Rain)

The Season Two opener, "Red Rain," continues the action from last season's finale when Anna unleashed Red Sky on the planet. With the world on the brink of war and chaos all around, is there anyone who can stand up to Anna? Meanwhile, Ryan has been kept in isolation on the mothership, away from his hybrid baby so that Anna can experiment on her; Chad, seeking redemption for being used by Anna, now wants to fight with the Fifth Column; and Erica goes on a journey to find a scientist who can give her the answers to what Red Sky is, and where she learns the horrifying secret of what the V's are doing on our planet. Jane Badler (original "V" series) and Bret Harrison ("Reaper") join the series in recurring roles.

6 Sneak Peeks (Link 1) | Link 2 | Anna/Diana Sneak Peek | 15 Minute Preview Of The Season Premiere

Promotional Photos (MQ) | Promotional Photos (HQ)

Behind The Scenes Photos (MQ) | Behind The Scenes Photos (HQ)

Promo 1 | Promo 2 | Promo 3 | Promo 4 (90 sec.) | Promo 5 | Promo 6 | Promo 7 | Promo 8 | Promo 9

We're going to find out why the Vs are interested in Tyler the first episode back.
http://www.lauravandervoort.net/imag...izard_2010.pdf

Season premiere scene descriptions from New York Comic-Con

Are we going to see more of the hybrid baby when ‘V’ returns? – Susan
“Ohhh yeah,” exec producer Steve Pearlman told me during my visit to the ABC series’ Vancouver set last Thursday. “You’ll see the hybrid in Episode 1″ (premiere date TBD). As for the little critter’s appearance, “It won’t necessarily look very human,” he teased.

Did your visit to the ‘V’ set turn up any scoop on what “red sky” is or does? – Greg
Though Elizabeth Mitchell wouldn’t spill any specifics, she said the answer “definitely satisfied me” and it “happens in the first five minutes…. all kinds of really horrifying things.” And yet, somehow, Anna will spin it as a good thing for humanity. Somewhere in outer space lays a very savvy publicist.
The Big Tease: Scoop On NCIS, Fringe, V, Good Wife and More | Fancast News

First promotional image of Erica and Sidney Miller's ALPHA research from the premiere (via EW)

Script bits: Ryan's daughter is reptilian with a vaguely human face and Anna is going to torture or kill the ship's captain with her tail.

Pics of Erica and Morena from August 28 | More and bigger pics: Erica and Anna + Erica with injured Tyler

Marcus asks Hobbes to find this scientist who is planning to speak at an emergency science conference that the government convened to try and figure out the red sky. Marcus tells Anna this guys is close to the truth, so Anna orders him to eliminate him, and then Marcus goes to Hobbes and tells him to do it.
Now the interesting thing is that Erica gets the name of this same scientist from Lisa (who steals it off of Marcus' computer)
So then Erica, Ryan, Hobbes, and I think Jack go off to the university to find this scientist.
A V tracker is there (this is the scene they were filming in all the photos that have been leaked) looking for the scientist as well. They take care of him, and then Dr. Sid Miller, who sees all this tells them the tracker should have been after him because this other scientist has been stealing his research for years. Then we find out a lot of neat info including what the red sky is and does, and Erica announces they need this guy.

Then the other scientist guy is mentioned and Sid says he doesn't want the guy to die, and then Hobbes speaks up and says he'll take care of it. Which he does, he finds the guy, kills him, and delivers him to Marcus in his truck. At the end Hobbes says, Okay, I did what you wanted now tell me where Sarah is," And Marcus laughs at him and says, "Mr. Hobbes we are just beginning."

- (Chad and Anna) don't interact at all in 201. Chad does tell Jack that Anna is evil.
- Chad goes to Jack and tells him about the needle room. Jack asks him what he wants. Chad says, redemption. Then Jack says he has to do something to prove himself. So Chad goes and interviews 20 liveaboards telling their stories about the dream they had of the needle room. Chad tells Jack to show it to the resistance. he says, either you make this public or I will. Jack shows the video to everyone else. Erica says Chad can't make it public. They can't risk him losing his access to Anna. They need him. So then Jack talks to Chad and convinces him to spy on Anna as a member of the Fifth Column. So basically Jack made him a member, but he hasn't met anybody else yet.
- Ryan doesn't stay blissed and Anna catches him trying to sneak his baby off the ship. (she is still unnamed in 201) She calls him ungrateful, he calls her a warden, he complains about all the testing they are doing on him. Anna says they're doing it to see how his daughter, a miracle was born. Ryan tells her she was born out of something she could never understand: love. Then Anna says, if you love humans so much you can go be with them, and she kicks him off the ship. "The baby stays with me." She doesn't say anything about spying. But I know she wants him too.
- Ryan then goes immediately to Hobbes bunker where he meets up with everybody. He tells them Val died in childbirth and that Anna has his baby. Hobbes is really suspicious of him, doesn't believe that Anna would just let him go without asking anything in return, so he and Ryan fight like always. Then later Hobbes figures out that Ryan is planning on trying to sneak his baby off the ship at some later date, and Erica promises to do everything she can to help him.
- There is also one scene when Marcus asks Anna why she let Ryan go, why she didn't just kill him, and what makes her think she can control him since he has turned on her again and again, and Anna just smiles and says, "I have his baby."

August 24/25 filming:
- Sci fi V filming inside Vancouver's Holy Rosary Cathedral Tues Coffin = funeral @ Father Landry's church?
- Extras as dead bodies on Monday (with Queen V Anna in attendance). Extras as mourners plus coffin on Tuesday. Could this be a funeral at Father Jack Landy's church?
- Hornby Street lined with film trucks outside Vancouver Art Gallery for night shoot.

Set photos - Vancouver's Holy Rosary Cathedral + Vancouver Art Gallery

Today (August 23) the V Cast and Crew were out and about filming for different scenes filming at West Hastings Street and Thurlow Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, where lots of eerie smoke was produced as people lay around passed out in the park.. Filming also took place on West Cordova Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada..
They then filmed over at the Vancouver Art Gallery, located on Hornby Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, which doubled as New York State University.. These images are from filming the scene in which Erica Evans (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Ryan Nichols (Morris Chestnut) head to NYU to pay a visit to Evolutionary Biologist, Dr. Ellis Watts, they believe can help their cause.. Instead they meet a future key member of the Resistance, Dr. Sidney ” Sid “ Miller..
We can also see a Visitor Tracker doing some Parkour style stunts to try and get away from Ryan, who chases him down.. (source)

Photos Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Erica and Tyler

Elizabeth speaking with TV Guide: 'Mitchell also previewed a big moment in V's season premiere when a V is revealed. "I think everyone will see so much in that one, they'll have an incredible idea what [a V] looks like." And she'd love to see Faye Grant from the original make an appearance. "She's probably too young to be my mother, but how about a younger sister? Erica needs a family!"'

Set pictures from August 20 - Erica/Logan scene in the red rain | A few more images

Scene description: 'When they mentioned the Visitors HQ, this is referring to the NYC Peace Ambassador Center.. The scene above, is just after the ” red rain “ begins, causing panic.. During the panic of rioters and demonstrators, Tyler Evans (Logan Huffman) is clipped in the head with a demonstrators protest sign.. Erica Evans (Elizabeth Mitchell) notices the lapel camera in Tylers PA jacket and realises that this is her opportunity to get aboard the Mothership.. Identifying herself to the Visitor Guard and explaining that they need the V‘s help, Erica uses an authoritative voice, as she insists that ” Anna will want to know..” Anna (Morena Baccarin) orders the Visitor Guard to bring them up to the Mothership, which is what you see going on in the above scene..

- Hobbes doesn't trust Ryan, and they fight like usual. Ryan has been gone for 4 days without a word, and then he shows up at Hobbes hideout without warning. So Hobbes is suspicious. And when Ryan claims Anna just let him go and didn't ask anything from him he doesn't believe that either. And then later Ryan is brutally killing a V tracker and Hobbes tries to stop him, and then Ryan almost starts in on Hobbes, but Erica steps in and stops it. Ryan is very very angry in this ep.
- Hobbes is in quite a few scenes. I'm not going back to count them, but it's quite a few. He's got 2 with Marcus.
- Marcus calls Sarah Hobbes' "friend". She disappeared 10 years ago and Hobbes thought she was dead, but Marcus says they found her. Marcus tells Hobbes that if he does whatever he tells him to he might get to see her again.
- Tyler is also in quite a few scenes as well. He and Lisa have sex on the ship. Anna watches them on a secret camera. I'm not joking. Anna tells Lisa to make sure she follows her instructions with Tyler. All of them. That it's been 4 days since they've seen each other, and he needs to know how glad she is to see him.Then she watches from her office to make sure Lisa is doing what she told her to. She is quite pleased and even tells Marcus that Lisa will make a good Queen. She later tells Lisa she did a good job. Very creepy. After Lisa and Tyler have sex, Anna tells Lisa that nothing must get in the way of her plans for her and Tyler. She says, no one human or visitor. It's meant to make us question whether Anna knows (that Lisa really likes Tyler) or not. Anna goes on to complete the convo by admitting to Lisa that there are traitors among them.
- Joshua is in only one brief scene with Lisa in 201. I'm sure we'll get more in later episodes.
- Tyler finds out that Jack is anti V because his sermon ends up on the web, and then he sees his mom and Jack together.
via IMDb

Expect quite a few lizard reveals in the premeire. Lots of violence. And Chad Dekker grows a pair, well sort of. At least he is on the right side now. He is now terrified of Anna. Erica is supremely awesome. Marcus stands up to Anna. Erica stand up to Anna. Her ship captains question her ability to lead, though not for long. And the Her in Hobbes life is a woman named Sarah that Hobbes thought died ten years ago. Also after the red rain the red sky disappears. Oh, and Anna has a tail!
via IMDb

General Spoilers

Who was in that picture Marcus threatened Hobbes (Charles Mesure) with in the V finale? — Kristin
MICKEY: That's Sarah, Hobbes' ex-lover. That means while Hobbes has been fighting for the humans, he's also been sabotaging them in order to protect Sarah. "[Hobbes is] trying to support the resistance, but he's trying to keep Sarah alive," Mesure says. "So there will be some shady dealings going on."
Mega Buzz: A Bones Epiphany, Housewives' Dallas Homage and Castle Mommy Issues - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

I vote for some ‘V‘ scoop to help tide us over for the rest for the long wait. – clairethebelle via Twitter
‘V’s January 4 return still seems an eternity away, right? Oh, those silly ‘Skating’ stars…. Remember what I previously Tease’d about Sarah, the love of Hobbes’ life whose vanishing sent him down his dark path? Well, she is what Marcus is using to compel Hobbes to play for both teams. “He’s caught right in the middle,” previews Charles Mesure. “Hobbes wants to be 100-percent behind Erica and the resistance, but Marcus and the Vs have a lot of leverage over him now.”
The Big Tease: Scoop On NCIS, NCIS: LA, CSI, Terriers and More! | Fancast News

Rumor from New York Comic-Con:
Diana was part of an earlier invasion force where the Vs intermingled with Humans and some hybrids were born, but the Human mothers usually died during the pregnancy until it was discovered the mothers died from phospherous-deficiencies. The offspring that did remain alive were too unstable emotionally to be of use to the Vs. Somewhere after this campaign, Anna is able to dethrone Diana and secretly imprison her on the ship. Anna is desperate for Lisa to become pregnant, because Anna is now infertile after her last brood of eggs, and is in danger of being dethroned as Queen if another fertile Queen steps forth, so she's hoping for Lisa to be pregnant first so the throne remains in her family, while Anna can be spared from any backlash from the new Matriarch.
Source

Laura Vandervoort interview:
Lisa will be full-fledged Fifth Column this season. I'm working a lot with Erica. I'm doing a lot of scenes with her. I'm still very much in love with Tyler. I'm dealing with emotions that I've never had before. I'm dealing with physical changes as a young V goes through. The love between Tyler and Lisa is true love but their relationship will be in danger because he's obsessed with the Vs and she's moving more towards the Fifth Column.
NYCC Exclusive Interview: Laura Vandervoort Teases 'V' Season 2 and Smallville | BuzzFocus

Interview with Steve Pearlman:
- "We want to make the show louder, bolder and faster,"
- "We want to give the audience some new iconic images that they didn't get the first season or in the original series."
- Season 1 was more about "strategically moving our characters into a position where we can tell stories with them all in a room (e.g. Jack talking regularly to Chad, Ryan liaising with Erica). You can't just jump that; you have to get there. Going into the second season it's making it easier to find stories."
- "The other thing we found looking over the first season was we needed one story in an episode that each of our characters could bounce off of (e.g. Lisa's injury in episode 11). Stories like that are more indicative of where we are going this year. For example, in the episode we shot last week, Anna is throwing a big gala in New York City and each of our characters is bouncing off that gala in some form or another."
- Badler's Diana will also add a new dimension to the show's mother-vs.-daughters theme that is central to its core. "Anna represents aliens, and Erica represents humanity and mankind. The addition of Jayne at this point for the season has played only with Anna. But what that's allowed us to do is to be able to play mother/daughter. And we're also playing mother/daughter on various levels, like the one between Erica and Lisa, which we saw the beginnings of last season. Seeing Anna and her mother and playing off how they are similar and different has been a real fun area for us to go to in the storytelling."
Behind the scenes of V's 'louder, bolder and faster' 2nd season | Blastr

When does ‘V’ come back? – losty10 via Twitter
ABC’s ‘V” is still set to return “this November,” it was reiterated at NY Comic-Con, though a specific date still eludes us. But when it does fly back onto our screens, expect to find Lisa making like a pubescent Peter Brady. “She’s going through some ‘changes,’” Laura Vandervoort teases. “She’s having issues with her primal instincts as a V.” And human teens think they have it rough with the acne and the Bieber.

I am really anxious to see where the next season of ‘V’ takes us. Is there anything you can tease? – Tim
In a nutshell: Anna will have much to answer for, having released the red sky (and the red rain that comes with it) far sooner than planned; the Fifth Column movement will go global; we’ll see more of the Visitors walking among us on Earth; and we’ll gain insight as to exactly why Tyler was targeted by Anna. Also at NY Comic-Con, Morena Baccarin revealed that 1) just last week she worked with a 14-inchwhite rat and 2) she had to do some “tail acting” for a major OMG moment we got to see in the Season 2 premiere.
The Big Tease: Scoop On Bones, Grey's, Vampire Diaries and More | Fancast News

From New York Comic-Con:
- Morena Baccarin says Anna will spend more time *on* Earth this season: "We take some really fun trips" she teases.
- Lisa gets a big puberty storyline in episode 3, has to get the talk from Mom
- EP promises Season 2 will involve "globalization of the 5th Column" including meeting cells around the world and intro of Oded Fehr.
- We're going to see more of what's underneath human skin of the V's this season. "It’s not going to be what you think it is" says EP
- Yes! Entire season mapped out, unlike Season 1.
- A new character is introduced played by Bret Harrison. He will be a possible love interest for Lisa but never fear Tyler and Dr. Joshua fans they are both still in the running.
- Anna has become infertile.
- Only 6 of the solider eggs survived.
Source 1 Source 2 Source 3

Update on Lexa Doig's (Dr. Leah Pearlman) status for season 2: @WormholeRiders Don't hold your breath about V - I haven't heard anything from them, so I doubt I'll be back this season...
Twitter / Lexa Doig: @WormholeRiders Don't hold ...

Jane Badler just got signed for the entire Season Two! She also gets to do something pretty gross.
Ilana's "V" Celebrity Site ABC's V Jane Badler Elizabeth Mitchell Morena Baccarin Logan Huffman Kenneth Johnson Faye Grant Marc Singer Michael Ironside

I know it's a ways off, but can you give me any V scoop? — Kara
MICKEY: A major female character will lose her head in an early episode — which is to say, she'll be beheaded. I only mention the violent act because it will be as revealing as it is fatal.
Mega Buzz: A Bones Murder, The Event's Lies and a New CSI Affair - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

I definitely think that [Diana has] a totally different take on things than [Anna]. There’s a lot of conflict between her way of thinking and mine.” Badler also believes that her character will bring out sides of Anna that we’ve never seen before. “Your mother always has a particular power over you,” she explains. Even with that power that a mother has over her daughter, Anna somehow managed to be able to put her mother into captivity for many years, giving Diana plenty of time to plan a way to strike back at her daughter to regain her title as Queen of the Visitors.Diana may also have a secret weapon involved to get back to Anna. “She does know [that she has a granddaughter], and she is part of the whole scenario. It all becomes quite a play of power,” she reveals.
Interview: Jane Badler Talks About Her Return To V | KSiteTV

"V" Set Visit:
- In the FBI conference room on the #Vseries set. Lots of red sky pictures up on the cork boards in here. And what looks like photos of riots
- Logan Huffman: Erica makes more big mistakes this season that pushes Tyler away further
- Tyler will be going to the dark side this year
- Laura Vandervoort says Lisa will go through some V changes of sorts, trying to keep her carnal needs in check
- Elizabeth Mitchell on new partner Jay Karnes: Erica and her partners...they should just put on a red shirt
- Erica will get the crap beat out of her in an upcoming episode

- Scott Wolf says Chad will find out who the Visitors are and what's really underneath this season.
- Jane Badler is great! She says Diana is not the same character from the orig series, and she's not actualy a villain.
Natalie Abrams (NatalieAbrams) on Twitter

Jay Karnes will play FBI agent Chris Bolling, a newly assigned partner for agent Erica Evans (Elizabeth Mitchell). The two have some history, having trained together at Quantico. However, Bolling quickly begins to suspect Erica may have divided loyalties when it comes to her dedication to the Visitor resistance group, the Fifth Column.
Exclusive: Jay Karnes Joins V as Erica's New Partner - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Oded Fehr will play Eli Cohn, a leader in a new radical Fifth Column resistance movement whose hard-line stance against the Visitors poses a special new challenge for Erica’s team. "He is ex-Mossad, and one of the interesting things that we're doing with the show this year is that we're introducing a group of Fifth Column which is much more radical than our group," Rosenbaum told us. "And essentially they have a much different philosophy than our main team does. Eli's philosophy is, 'We need to attack now, strike now and start this war now,' rather than wait." Rosenbaum said Erica will have to decide whether her team can get along and join up with Eli to become one united front, or if she'll have to take him down for being too extreme in his methods. Apparently, Erica and Eli also share a mysterious, connecting, secret. "Erica does not want collateral damage, but over the course of the arc maybe she'll come to learn that he's not much different than she is," Rosenbaum revealed. "She's also going to find, and I can't tell you what it is, a very shocking reveal. The two of them have something in common that she never would have guessed."
Exclusive: Resident Evil Star Joins V - TV News at IGN

When V returns in November, we'll see Diana imprisoned on the mother ship in a cell designed to look like the reptilian visitors' home planet. (Don't ask Badler to describe the details, as they'll all be added via special effects.) Who sent her there? None other than daughter Anna! "I'm the queen in exile, locked away in a dungeon for 15 years," says Jane. "It's mother abuse!"
Keck's Exclusives: Jane Badler Vamps Up V - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Jane Badler set to appear in the first 4 episodes of S2.
Ilana's "V" Celebrity Site ABC's V Jane Badler Elizabeth Mitchell Morena Baccarin Logan Huffman Kenneth Johnson Faye Grant Marc Singer Michael Ironside

‘V’ exec producer Scott Rosenbaum tells The Big Tease that Hobbes will resume his mercenary role within Erica’s team, but because of the alliance that he is forced to form with Visitor Marcus, “His alliance will be tested.” We’ll also learn about Sarah, the love of Hobbes’ life “whose disappearance sent him down his dark path,” Rosenbaum reveals. “[That] gives him a personal stake in the fight against the Vs and we will see him at his most ruthless as he’s driven to take down the Visitors and reunite with Sarah.”
The Big Tease: Scoop On Good Wife, V, CSI: NY, Bones and More! | Fancast News

The TV Girl's video interview with the cast at Comic-Con
Joel: But what a great obstacle, I mean, I play a priest, and yet here's the...But the circumstances sort of...You can't hold the fact that there's an emotional intimate relationship there, because of the circumstances.
And Laura said there will be more romances. In plural.

Joel: Father Jack has gonna have a departure from the church. At the end, Father Travis says "this is not welcome here" and he has to go on his own.
Elizabeth Mitchell Media �� V Comic Con Cast and Fans Interview

Erica [Elizabeth Mitchell] is now going to have to deal with the fact that she was in some ways the one that lit the match that started the war, so how does she deal with that?” Rosenbaum said. “Plus the Fifth Column is now growing and there is going to be a faction of it that’s very radical. Our team is not that radical, so are humans fighting amongst each other? It’s going to be more of a problem for Erica because the more radical this group is, the more attention that is called to them, so the walls will keep closing in on her.”
Cookie support required | AirlockAlpha.com

Executive producer Scott Rosenbaum says the show isn't done with Michael Trucco's story line yet. "John May may return," he tells TVGuide.com.
But is John May actually alive? "That's what they hinted to me," Trucco tells us. "I thought, 'OK, he's dead, but he's coming back?' They're like, 'Nope, he's dead.' I wrote that off as a one-off [appearance], but they made some indication that maybe he'd come back."
V Scoop: Does John May Live? - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Reaper‘s Bret Harrison has landed a pivotal recurring role [as] Dr. Sidney Miller, an evolutionary biologist who may have the scoop on what caused the sky to turn red in the finale. Harrison’s character first shows up in the season 2 premiere (slated for November) when Erica (Elizabeth Mitchell) shows up on his doorstep looking for answers.
Exclusive: 'Reaper' grad Bret Harrison invades 'V' | Ausiello | EW.com

- Season 2 begins with the panic that results from the red sky, the vistors cut off their communications with the humans completely and most visitors on earth return to the mother ship. Anna refuses to answer to anyone and earth panics and takes pre-emptive measures to prepare for war. The panic intensifies when red rain begins to fall.
- The red sky is later revealed to be a "gift for humanity" spreading life on earth making deserts green. The true purpose behind the red sky is to improve human fertility and prepare them for mass breeding with the visitors.
- At the end of the first season it appeared Marcus had his own agenda with reviving Joshua and contacting Hobbs however in season 2 it appears all this was done with Anna's knowledge as Anna is aware of Joshua's revival however, Joshua is back missing memories and human emotions and is no longer a member of the fifth column, nor does he remember working with them. Marcus takes orders from Anna and then blackmails Hobbs into carrying them out.
- In season 2 Ryan's main goal is to be with his daughter. Anna seperates him from his daughter and simply sends him back to earth planning to use the hybrid child to force Ryan into spying on the fifth column.
- Throughout the second season Anna struggles to control and hide her human emotions.
- Tyler's humanity comes into question as Erica connects complications with her pregency with Tyler to materials in the red sky.
V - SpoilerTV exclusive preview into season 2 (Huge Spoilers) | Spoiler TV

When V returns, we will learn that Anna (Morena Baccarin) is keeping her mother prisoner on the mother ship in a never-before-seen section that has been designed to look like the Visitors' home planet. Both Morena and Laura Vandervoort, who plays Anna's daughter, Lisa, told me they, too, were hoping Jane would take the role. Still stunningly beautiful at age 56, Jane's Diana, who will be a recurring character, is perhaps the only reptilian being who will be able to put Anna in her place. (source | ABC press release about Jane's casting)

MovieWeb interview with Liz at Comic-Con

- Anna conceived thousands of babies in an instant. Why not just do it again, or have another female V breed an army?
As for breeding capabilities, only the queen can give birth. Anna will be able to conceive again, but it is a difficult and
painful process with risks.
- Will Father Jack leave the priesthood, enabling hunky Joel Gretsch to become a viable romantic leading man?
Father Jack is going to have his faith shaken in Season 2. He will face some excruciating decisions about his role in the world, the church and the war with the Vs.
- Are you considering showing the Vs on their home planet?
At some point, yes. But first, I'm going to show them at the last planet they conquered. It's gonna be very, very cool.
- Will we get to see a full reptillian reveal of the Vs out of their human skin?
Yes. Next season we will see much more of the Vs. We will learn how they function, their abilities as different from ours and all that fun stuff everyone's looking forward to. For instance, we'll meet new V types, more soldiers and trackers.
- We were told that we would learn by the finale why the Visitors were here and what they wanted from us, but we didn't. So...?
If you watch the series very carefully, why they're here is hinted at, just not spelled out. However, in Season 2, our team will discover Anna's plans for us and this will be more clearly (revealed) for the audience.
- Erica's teenage son Tyler has seemed like kind of a wuss all season. What are your plans for him?
Tyler is no longer going to sit on his thumbs. He's going to get engaged in the war and pick sides. The question is which side will he pick?

thevfiles.info Blog Archive INTERVIEW: TV Guide Talks With Executive Producer Scott Rosenbaum..

I want poor Erica to have a boyfriend on V. Please tell me it's going to happen this season. — Michelle
MICKEY: Elizabeth Mitchell says she might be at the center of another love triangle. But will Erica succumb to the odd, deepening chemistry she has with Father Jack? Or Hobbs' raw sexual magnetism? "Erica is going to get together with somebody, but I can't say who," she tells us.
The New Vampire Diaries Team, CSI:NY's Cliff-hanger and Fringe's Two Worlds - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

"The one thing that I can tell you is that in one of the last episodes, Marcus (Christopher Shyer) showed me this photo, and he said "Okay, we can't get to you, but we can get to this person," and it's going to be about this person, and my past with this person. The other thing that I think we're going to explore is that Hobbes used to be British SAS or New Zealand SAS, or Continental British SAS, and he was fighting the good fight; fighting to protect people, fighting for a cause he believed in, and something happened where he lost his fight, and I'm not myself now. Forget all that. I'm going to make as much money as I can, and to hell with everyone else. I think we're going to find out what happened to him, and why he made that choice." ~ Charles Mesure
VisitorSite.net: Interview with Charles Mesure - Comic-Con 2010

- Regarding Anna vs. Erica, Mitchell admits that, “right now, Anna has the upper hand. She doesn’t have any compulsion about causing harm to anyone. But I do believe that the qualities we have as humans, our compassion, our ability to see things from very unique angles – might just be the things that make us stronger. I believe the closer they get, the more nail biting it’s going to be. If they truly get into each other’s confidences and they start really having those talks…how freaky will that be? I like that tension that builds that way; it just heightens things."
- When Mitchell was asked whether or not she preferred Erica to become romantically involved with either Jack or Hobbes, she said that “both are fine. I’m an equal opportunity kisser. I enjoy the Father Jack character because he makes my character feel so safe. I also enjoy how dangerous Hobbes is. Danger is, unfortunately, very exciting…there is something wonderful about someone who is unpredictable. I don’t know who the best choice is, morally. I think it’s going to be fun to see what the two men bring out in her. I hope they don’t throw her in with someone, because I like the anticipation and build up.” Mitchell is actually a fan of sci-fi because “it always goes to a place of emotion and passion – the heart. I want to see that, for me."
- It was also revealed that we are going to meet Anna's mother and Tyler's real father, which of course involves a twist.
They Come in Peace…and with Minor Season 2 Spoilers: The Cast & Crew of V at Comic-Con 2010

- “I think that the biggest evolution that I’m sensing for the second season is that the mythology is going to become a lot more clear; the reasons why the Vs are here,” Rosenbaum told the press following Saturday’s panel at Comic-Con International. “How long they’ve been here, what their plans are — and once you know what their plan is, which was danced around, but not too clear in the first season, you’ll be able to see when things happen to screw up their plans. “It starts in episode one, with the continuation of the Red Sky story, and an explanation of the fact that Anna felt human emotion for the first time, and unleashed the Red Sky early, how that really starts to screw up the whole plan that Anna had come up with.
- "We want to surprise the viewers [...] with what the Visitors will actually do. And what [the human] characters will actually do; I think there are some surprises that Erica has, that push her to doing things that you never think that, as a federal agent and a mother, that she would actually consider doing … and she does."
- “[Also] I think that Chad is an interesting character. We’re also going to meet Chad’s father, this year, in the middle of the season, and I think that meeting his father is going to shed some light on why Chad has made some of the decisions in his life that he has, and I think that in the first episode, we’ll get a very clear answer as to where Chad stands morally speaking, and then we’re going to be able to see the choices he makes throughout the season, and why he does something because it’s something he morally believes is right to do, or whether it’ll be something that’s a means to an end.”
- “The Fifth Column will develop further,” Rosenbaum said. “One of the things that we realized over the course of the first season was, if the Fifth Column is really going to be credible taking on the Vs, it can’t just be four people. They have to expand, so there’s a new character introduced in the first episode who’s a scientist, who has information that fits into the developing puzzle and begins to answer the puzzle that is the Visitors. There also is, in one of the early episodes, we’ll start to see this extreme version of the Fifth Column, and so we have the Visitors and ‘our’ Fifth Column and a more radical version of the Fifth Column, so it puts our people in the middle, and they’re fighting the Visitors and the radical version, because the radical version is going much further than our people find comfortable."
- We will definitely start to see that maybe we don’t trust Marcus quite as much as we did in the first season, maybe that he has his own agenda … I don’t know if we’ll go as far as to say that he’s part of the Fifth Column, I don’t think that’s part of the plan, but I think we’ll start to see that he has a hidden agenda, and we’ll start to see part of that, as well.”
CCI: ABC’s V To Pit Humans Vs. Aliens Vs. Humans In New Season Spinoff Online – Covering TV, Film and Entertainment News Daily

- Lots of revelations are planned for season two, as well as tons of character backstory. "We're going to see the true nature of what the visitors are about, and what they're like underneath, so it's going to be exciting," says executive producer Scott Rosenbaum.
- "You will find out what the red sky means at the end of the season premiere," Scott promises.
- "When we meet Diana, she'll be in her natural habitat."
- Val (Lourdes Benedicto) really is dead. She will not be returning for season two.
- Jack may have been a "priest-soldier" in season one, but Scott teases that in season two "we will see much more soldier-priest."
- Anna will face an interesting conflict all season after the death of her eggs. "It will take her closer to humanity than she wants to be," Morena says.
- As the fifth column expands, they are going to meet a "pretty radical" group of other fifth columns, which will cause conflict.
- Elizabeth Mitchell talked about some Erica/Anna conflict: "If Erica is the mother of all children, and Anna is the mother of all V's, we will find out just how far each mother will go to protect their own."
Comic-Con Scoop: V Returns with Red Skies and Mother Trouble - E! Online

- Scott Rosenbaum wouldn't say whether John May would return in Season 2.
- We're going to meet Anna's mother in the first episode. Diana is Anna's mother's name.
- Charles Mesure (Hobbes) series regular for season 2 of V.
- Nicholas Lea will return in Season 2.
- Season 2 of V: We'll see real nurturing relationship with Erica and Lisa, while Tyler turns to Anna.
- We will find out why Anna is so interested in Tyler.
- We're going to find out how long the Vs have been here and whether and how they've changed world history.
- The hybrid baby is another weapon, as Anna would look at it, in her arsenal, says Scott Rosenbaum. Ryan's child "was not meant to be", but Anna will use child for her "devious advantage" says Rosenbaum.
- We will see the global impact of the Vs thru international footage
- We will see more of the Fifth Column around the world. "We're going to be moving around more internationally," says Rosenbaum.
V - Season 2 - Comic-Con Spoiler Snippets | Spoiler TV

On the ground, a radical anti-Visitors Fifth Column sect will emerge, headed by a leader the show is currently casting.
But the new role that has me most jazzed: the mother of devilish V leader Anna (Morena Baccarin) will be making her debut.
Keck's Exclusives: V Casting Lizard Granny - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Writer David Rambo has left CSI and is now working on V.
CSI: Las Vegas - Writer David Rambo leaves to join V | Spoiler TV

[...] Elizabeth Mitchell shares in your appreciation of Charles Mesure’s addition to the cast. “He’s awesome, isn’t he? When he first came on, I said to [exec producer Scott] Rosenbaum, ‘You need to make this guy a deal, now,’” she told me. As for any Season 2 sexin’, Elizabeth is game to hook up with either Hobbes or Jack. “Maybe it’s just because I’m a woman,” she says, “but I’m up for a little romance!”
The Big Tease: Scoop On 'Lie To Me,' 'V' And More! | Fancast News

@ShawnRyanTV @sepinwall The character need not be an alien. there's a very handsome, very smart, Clooney-esque human scientist I created.
Twitter / Scott Rosenbaum: @ShawnRyanTV @sepinwall Th ...

- Q: When V returns next year, where will it pick up?
ADAM: Right where it left off, executive producer Scott Rosenbaum tells us. He also says the plan for Season 2 is to speed up the storytelling to get a few answers out of the way quickly. "We're going to learn why the Vs are here, all the mythology of what they're doing here, how they got here ... what they specifically want from us and how this upcoming battle is going to play out," Rosenbaum says. "You'll see different fronts or parts of the war begin in Season 2 — not an all-out attack, because that's not Anna's style."
Mega Buzz: Lie to Me's Shield Reunion, Royal Pains's Return and Hawaii Five-O - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

- " [..] we are going to see a lot more of the V soldiers and their army in Season 2. Also, when the battle starts, we will see the battle. We do have budget limitations but we’ll figure it out.."
- The "nerdtastic" vasting choices (like Alan Tudyk and Michael Trucco) will continue in Season 2.
- "I’ll only say this – before any détente – there will be blood." (asked whether we are going to see The Fifth Column and the Visitors in a détente for the rest of the show or we could end up in total global apocalypse territory, or somewhere in between)
- "Yes. But you’ll have to wait and see." (asked if we are going to see Anna and Chad get it on)
V - Executive Producer Scott Rosenbaum Talks Season Two - UGO.com

- "I have an interesting thing that's going to happen to Joshua," executive producer Scott Rosenbaum tell us. "He's definitely part of the future of the show. That interesting relationship he has with Lisa, in trying to turn her, works well for us, so we're going to keep doing it."
TV Guide

- Vandervoort adds that she's asked the producers a lot of questions about "V" culture, and her impression is that there's only one queen for the entire race. "And that's Anna, and she's given birth to every single V, even the ones on the other ships hovering [out in space]. And only one queen is born every generation... There are soldier Vs, there are worker Vs, and then one is royalty."
So if something happens to Lisa, "there's no hope" for the Vs. "I'm hoping that means they can't kill me," she adds with a laugh.
Laura Vandervoort Explains The Easiest Way To Defeat V's Aliens

- [...] the creators of the V remake have been aiming for more action than sci-fi — hence the shortage of all things green and scaly. Executive producer Scott Rosenbaum says that won't change. "You won't see the full-on what the Visitors look like underneath [until early in] Season 2," he says.
Mega Buzz: Love Affairs on Grey's and CSI and the 24 Movie - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

- For those of you wondering why the technologically superior Vs don't just take over Earth and enslave or kill humanity, well, they don't want to. Not yet, anyway.
"First of all, they need us. I don’t want to explain exactly why they need us, but they need us and they need us alive, at least for the first part of the plan," Rosenbaum said.
- Anna "is an animal," Rosenbaum said. "It’s not that she doesn’t like humans, it’s not that she’s evil -- it’s just that we are standing in the way of what will allow her people to grow and continue to evolve and move forward."
- "What I really want to do is get into all of these character’s heads and really find out some more backstory about them, but also create conflict. Yes, [many characters are] united to defeat the Visitors and get rid of the Visitors, but at the same time, I wanted to really [emphasize that] everyone has a similar agenda, yet different agendas."
Hey aliens, it's war! 'V' actors, writer talk about amping up the invasion drama - The Watcher

- "I talked to the writers when we were coming back from the four and I said, 'Listen, he needs something extraordinarily dramatic that's happened to him in his past to make someone like him be a bit more out there.' You come to find out why he is what he is. His relationship with his mom, you're going to see a lot of ups and downs because there's going to be this huge reveal about what might make Tyler so special that the V's could use it. There's something very strange on earth about Tyler and there's something very strange going on with the V's and Tyler. So his relationships are going to move into a lot of different directions. I love it because you get to see why he's actually quite a tormented person and that he had something very, very traumatic and something very physical happen to him in the past that kind of messed him up and caused, he believes, his parents to breakup. So it's all his fault and basically all I can say is that he didn't talk to anybody for six months."
LOGAN HUFFMAN (ABC’s V) Exclusive Interview | Daemon's TV

- "I’m one of those TV viewers where I want to get information. I want to learn more about the Vs. I want to learn about why the Vs are here. I don’t want to wait 25 episodes to find that stuff out."
- "I never was quite sure from the first four episodes what [the show] was really about, outside of just “Visitors have come.” What I told [the studio] about how I see it is that, at its spine, it’s really about two mothers and how far that they’re willing to go to protect their children. To me, Anna is the mother of all Vs. ... One of the things that I wanted to make clear in my version of the show was that Anna is not evil at all: Anna is simply an animal. She’s a mother and she just wants to protect her children, her species, and she doesn’t have anything against humanity. She’s not evil. ... We’re just something that stands in the way of her children’s future. In [that] way, Erica’s the same. ... Even though it’s just Tyler, her son, I feel, metaphorically, she’s the mother of all children.
It’s not just about mothers, though. It’s about parents protecting their children. It’s Ryan trying to protect Val and his unborn baby. It’s Father Jack trying to protect his flock. For me, it’s very much about what we would do, as fathers, sons and daughters, to protect the people we love and how far that pushes us."
'V': Showrunner Scott Rosenbaum teases 'rodent desire,' multiple pregnancies and more | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

- The Spring Preview issue of TV Guide Magazine has some words with executive producer Scott Rosenbaum in addition to a new promo photo.
The article reveals that Rosenbaum's first order of business as the new executive producer of V was to "ramp up the storytelling speed." We'll learn more about why the Visitors are here and what exactly it is they want from us, with the article implying it's not the same thing as what they were after in the original V of the 1980's.
"The Vs are animals and the one thing they care about is the survival of their species," Rosenbaum said in the magazine. "They will do whatever it takes to ensure that."
The article also mentions the growing rivalry between Anna and Erica. "This show boils down to two mothers who will do anything to protect their children," Rosenbaum says. "It's all going to lead to a major battle."
VisitorSite.net: V - News And Information - The Visitors

- WBTV has put exec producers Scott Peters in charge of "V" and bumped down Jeff Bell to the number 2 position.
Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on 'Gossip Girl,' 'Office,' 'House,' 'Fringe,' and more! | Ausiello | EW.com
Update: Chuck's Scott Rosenbaum is going to come in as show-runner. Scott Peters goes back to being an executive producers and writer and Jeff Bell is going to leave the show.
'Chuck' This Out: 'V' Gets a New Leader | The Wrap

- "We've set up the first season so, by the end of the first season, you know what the Visitors' agenda is and sort of where characters end up, on which side of the line they will be by the end of first season."
- The characters will stay in their lives throughout the show (Erica will continue to be an FBI agent, Jack a priest, Valerie a therapist etc.)
Televisionary: Visitors Among Us: The Cast and Crew of ABC's "V" Face the Press

- One of the stories that we're doing right now is an international story. We've got ships over 29 cities, so we're not always going to be in New York. It's a way to take different characters to different cities.
VisitorSite.net: Interview With "V" Executive Producer Jeffrey Bell

- There's a pretty in-depth plan involved in terms of whether we're doing 13 episodes or 22 episodes a season, that we want to call them sort of like "chapters." They have a beginning, middle, and end. We're looking to put game-changers throughout so that when we come back for another season, it changes things up dramatically.
- There will be action sequences but they won't be the driving force of the show.
- The producers plan to bring in some of the original "V" cast members like Jane Badler and Mark Singer
VisitorSite.net: Interview With "V" Executive Producers Scott Peters & Jace Hall - Part 2 of 2

- For those expecting the same allegorical relationship to the Nazis, that is one of the things that will be different. The overall question for the series will be “blind faith/devotion.”
V (ABC) Comic-Con Interview - Executive Producers Jeffrey Bell, Scott Peters and Jace Hall

Previous Threads
#1: We can't wait to see her on V!
#2: B/c We Can't Wait to See Erica in Action Again!
#3: More action, more intrigue, more aliens. Hurry up, Season 2!
#4: It's raining spoilers, hallelujah!
#5: Because we are very excited for V's 'louder, bolder and faster' 2nd season!
#6: Because we want to comprehend the magnitude of what is coming

___

Last edited by ~ayumi~; 02-14-2011 at 02:30 AM