View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 06:37 AM
Rosiebon
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rangeJuice (View Post)
Don't be too harsh on him. It is of course true that he went terribly wrong there, but Remus always felt guilty because of his werewolfness and it was obvious, even before he was with Tonks, that he had a very hard time dealing with that problem. Plus, as a character, he never was as brave and strong like Harry/James/Sirius. It may have been just too much for him. Tho sad in this case, running away is a natural human reaction..
True, but I find myself unable to ignore the irresponsibility and harshness towards his wife and unborn child on Remus' part.

He's the one who got himself into the whole married/pregnant situation. It's not as if Molly Weasly or whoever held him at gunpoint and forced him into an unhappy marriage. Remus was at least 36 years old when he married Tonks, and you would think that all those years of experience, what with Sirius using him in a 'prank' (or attempted murder) against Snape, would have taught him to be honest, and not run away from his problems like a small child, simply because 'oh no what will people think, i'm a werewolf omg bawww.'

Maybe I am being a little harsh towards Remus, but tbh, I cannot stand his character. :/

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 01-31-2011 at 12:08 AM Reason: double posting