View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 08:40 AM
majesdane
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Why get rid of a characters planned bi side?
Because it's JB. Watch me be completely unsurprised when there isn't a single gay/bi character at all and G3 proceeds to be a total hetfest.

Quote:
There's only 8 characters Twist, statistically it's not unrealistic they would all be straight. So I am fine with a gender confused straight girl instead, it's still a LGBT issue. And to be fair Skins have done girl gayness LOADS Naomily, Tea, Cassie being bi-curious. All their love interests and Cadie may end up bi-curious as well. Another lesbian/bi girl would have been overkill IMO. If anything they should have done a queer guy, so changing their minds about Matty is silly IMO.
Cadie won't be bi or even bi-curious. Cassie was more pansexual than bi-curious, but she was only hooking up with everyone to get back at Sid, her sexuality wasn't really an important aspect of the show and her character. That basically leaves us with Emily, Naomi, and Tea in terms of gay characters (Mandy, Sophia, and Betty don't count, they're not mains). We've also got Maxxie (gay), UK!Tony (bi-curious), and possibly Cook and/or Freddie (if you count Cassie) -- so that leaves 4 gay/bi girls and 4 gay/bi boys. It's not like Skins has only had gay/bi girls and neglected the boys.

(Plus, having Tea in US!G1 guarantees there'll be a gay couple in US!G2.)

Statistically it's not unrealistic, but you can't argue there aren't groups of friends where heteros are the minority. Each gen is only two series long, so why not have a queer gen? No, I guess it's just more original to keep churning out hetero characters -- I forgot how that's never been done before.

And I wouldn't hold my breath on Franky being genderqueer or trans. I'm sure she'll turn out to be straight as an arrow and will be girly from then on.
S T A R D U S T